What are you most excited for in Cata?

#1 Posted by ZacBoon (37 posts) -

What are you most excited for it Cataclysm? 
For me it would be. 
- Leveling in new areas. 
- Peaceblooms vs Ghouls. 

#2 Posted by hakooon (98 posts) -

I'm probably most excited for the new races and race/class combinations, and the fact that 1-60 becomes completely different! :) Also, the guild advancement stuff seams neat!

#3 Posted by Nurve (121 posts) -

CC in dungeons
Rated BGs

#4 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

More arena and maybe rated bg's?? Depends on how they turn out

#5 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Honestly, not very much.  Cataclysm seems very focused on leveling new characters.  I have a character of every class, and only one is below 60.  And that last one wasn't leveled because I didn't care about the class, so I'm not itching to level him in a new Azeroth either.   The changes to healing sound very interesting, so I might give it a try.  The hard-again heroics will hopefully making 5-mans interesting again.  But it may make the LFG tool useless again which would mostly prevent me from running them.   

Don't get me wrong, I love WoW, even when I stop playing it perodically I don't hate on the game or people who play it.  This expansion seems like a way to stem the loss of players.  Despite them just hitting 12M, that only happened after putting Wrath out in China and it still shows a massive slowdown in global player growth.  I see this as the way to recruit fresh players, and I hope it works. 
#6 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

Azeroth redesign mostly, and the inevitable journey to go face to face with Deathwing.

#7 Posted by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

All the new mounts.
Worgen as a playable race.

#8 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

Playing from start to stranglethorn to see the changes.
#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Goblins.
New areas.
Exciting quests involving big lore figures.
New dungeons.
Guild reputation.

#10 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I'm excited to level a bunch of alts now that they made 1-58 a lot less tedious. The new zones and instances will be pretty cool, too. I'm just hoping that heroics and raids aren't as easy as they were in WoTLK, and things require a bit of thinking again. I miss that in BC, where you had to be careful in a heroic even with a geared group. 

#11 Posted by Scrud (27 posts) -

As an altaholic I can't wait to start leveling a Goblin (and eventually a Worgan).

#12 Posted by Marlowe (33 posts) -

Leveling a gobllin, I never leveled a horde character.

#13 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -
@Marlowe said:
" Leveling a gobllin, I never leveled a horde character. "
Horde is where it's at, my friend.  Start living!
#14 Posted by Skooky (473 posts) -

The part where I never play it.

#15 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I can't wait to create my Worgen!

#16 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

I'm excited to not play it. 

As much as I love WoW... I don't want to do it again.

#17 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Harder dungeons. Have played beta once on a bros account and the instance felt so well tuned. It was in that soft spot where you wouldn't get pissed off when you wiped but didn't think it was too easy either. It's also great getting to visit all those old zones again. 

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Seeing Azeroth completely changed.

#19 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Dwarf shaman. All other race/class combinations can fuck off.

#20 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The re-designed Azeroth mostly.

#21 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

Most of it. New Azeroth. Worgen. New class/race combinations. Guild leveling. The return of CC.

#22 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Azeroth redesign and of course new end game content. I got to steal a bit of time in the beta on my friend's account and some of the new zones and redesigned old zones are really, really cool. There seems to be a lot of fun and interesting new quests.

Edit: Almost forget about new races and the new guild rep and rewards system. Going to be awesome.

#23 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

Does anyone know if in Cataclysm the non-rated Battlegrounds will provide good gear? I always hated the fact that I played Battlegrounds in WotLK and I could never get a new weapon with honor. So as a warrior I was always shitty in battlegrounds because all I could obtain with honor was armor.

#24 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -
@DerekDanahy said:
" Does anyone know if in Cataclysm the non-rated Battlegrounds will provide good gear? I always hated the fact that I played Battlegrounds in WotLK and I could never get a new weapon with honor. So as a warrior I was always shitty in battlegrounds because all I could obtain with honor was armor. "
I don't think all that gear has come out yet, but non-rated BGs will get you Honor Points, while rated BGs and Arenas will get you Conquest Points, so you can be sure non-rated gear will not be as good.  Not sure what slots will be provided for, though.
#25 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -

Questing, the end game raiding is fun for a while, but it grows stale imo. Taking my main to the new zones and just having a blast with it. Also, now that the world is shattered the 1-60 experience is revamped and pretty awesome. I might even go make a horde character or two, i hear the undead starting zones are a must see. And ive always loved the Taurens so might do something there as well.
#26 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

Top 5 things I'm looking forward to: 

• New raid content.  I loathe Icecrown Citadel.  The beta footage I've seen of the new raids look amazing.
  • Flying in Azeroth.  It's about time.
  • Guild leveling and guild achievements.  Money boosts, xp boosts, and a ton of perks for raiding.
  • Archeology.  The first thing I do in Cataclysm is max this new profession.  It's full of handy, fun stuff.
  • and of course the new zones and level-up quests.  It's the most polished questing yet.
What I'm not looking forward to:
  • Challenging 5-man instances that require coordination.  The heroic facerolling masses aren't going to be able to handle it.  Be ready for a headache if you touch the LFD tool.
#27 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

i just want people to play with. all the times i quit WoW, its because i get bored with it just playing with myself... lol

#28 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

- Rated BGs 
- Guild leveling 
- Epics being epic again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.