Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

World of Warcraft Battlechest

TheC0ndor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheC0ndor

Im looking to pick up WoW after many Free Trials and even an extended stay on a private server. So im looking to buy the WoW battlechest with the Original WoW and TBC, but i was wondering if this pack came with 2 months of WoW time with the 2 games. So the Original WoW would come with 1 month and TBC would come with another, is that true?

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShadowofIntent

no

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

...private server huh?  I don't think we can talk about that...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

No. Just one month I believe.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BreakfastKing

Just the one month. Also, do a bit of digging for it because the battlechest is almost always on sale somewhere. I got mine years back at a Best Buy for 20 bucks. I think at the moment, GameStop has it for 30. Same with WotLK

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

The expansions do not give free months, so you'd only get the one.

TheC0ndor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheC0ndor

That sucks, ill just do with that one month then for one month then ill go for the 60 day thing or just wait till Cataclysm and buy it then ...idk?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @TheC0ndor said:
    " That sucks, ill just do with that one month then for one month then ill go for the 60 day thing or just wait till Cataclysm and buy it then ...idk? "
    You might as well wait for Cataclysm since it will be easier to start off as a new player and the Battlechest will also be cheaper by then.
    ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By ki11tank

or get it now so you aren't ages behind everyone else when cata comes.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ki11tank
    @Babble said:
    " @slacker4life said:

" or get it now so you aren't ages behind everyone else when cata comes. "

Well since a fair amount of Cata content will be about experiencing 1-60 in a whole new way, I'd expect a large portion of the population will the starting new characters. Half the expansion is seeing all the redone content specifically for that 1-60 section. The other half being of course 80-85. "
    i fit into about <10% of the wow pop so could be, all i do is high end pvp, so waiting to level when seasons are nearly beginning = way behind.  guess that goes for anyone that considers themselves competitive in any aspect of this game.  personally i'm leveling my alts to 80 for cata and they will be prepared for the next step up for a fast pvp entrance.

if you don't care about progression of end game stuff i guess you could wait.
    JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JamesBoyce

As said before, it's only a month yeah - if you're EU, you can get it from Amazon.co.uk for £10! :)

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BreakfastKing
    @TheC0ndor: If you are looking to play, I'd go ahead and start playing.
    The battlechest has been 40 dollars for a long time, I don't know that it would go down at all anytime soon, unless they maybe add WotLK to it at some point in the future. However, the big thing is YES it will be easier/more fun to level new characters in Cataclysm, but I doubt you'd be able to appreciate that as much if you don't have something to compare it to.  Leveling now for the first time isn't bad at all, it just doesn't compare to the 60+ content. So the revamp of 1-60 is actually more to entice existing players to keep making new characters IMO.
    I'm going to stop my tangent there, but the short of it is you should just go ahead and start. And iirc, someone started a GB guild on one of the US servers recently...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.