Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

World of Warcraft - help! raid and pvp noob

Snowfelhake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Snowfelhake

Hi Guys, im just wondering if theres any1 willing to help me get better at pvp plus start raiding in wow ... ive never done a current raid.. whatever i do i cant seem to get my dps above 10K i must be doing something wrong!

i have an orc beast mastery hunter with a wolf pet, if theres any1 on the EU twisting nether realm can they plaese help me out ?

my charecters called Snowfelhake

Declarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Declarius

Can't really help personally since I'm on a different realm, but PvP-wise, you want to ideally get as much of the craftable PvP gear as possible (search bloodthirsty on AH). This is a good start, google your class and what you're supposed to be focusing on with stats. You should find out what gems go in which slot, and what enchants to get on each piece of gear. This will cost a lot of money. Expect to pay thousands for the gear and thousands for the enchants. If you want to skip some enchants, that's fine, buy what you can with the knowledge that your gear will be replaced.

After that, if you don't know how to play in a pvp setting, or what talents to put your points into, search google for that, too. You also want to get the ideal glyphs. Add 4.2 to the end of your google search to limit it to current information. Since your'e a hunter, certain pets give different bonuses. A wind serpent will give the target a debuff that makes them take more elemental damage. This is great for survival, as traps and explosive shot are elemental damage.

Pvp will become progressively easier, and more enjoyable as you get better gear. There isn't much rhyme to the order of gear to buy, but maybe buy the bow/crossbow/gun as early as possible, as that will increase your damage. You need 7500 total honor earned this season to buy a weapon. So spend the honor on other gear while you get to the cap, because the honor cap is only 4000.

I do not play my hunter ever, but this is what he looks like gear-wise, and he's about where you'll be after step 1:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/%C3%8Enflames/simple

Snowfelhake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snowfelhake

thanks a lot this actually helped me out quite a bit :). . . hopefully it wont take too long for me to get pvping... at the moment im oretty much 5 or six hits n dead! lol

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Deleth

Actually the craftable stuff will hardly do you any good at all. You're in for a bit of honor grind before you can actually start having fun. Also simply don't pvp alone. You will find battlegrounds far more enjoyable if you're playing with a few friends. Especially if you have a nice setupt and 1-2 healers with you. Once your group get accustomed to each other it will become a horrible experience pretty fast, for the other site.

(Always played with 2-4 friends. At times with more, but then you would've to use AV enables. Yes please rage at me for not wanting to play with random people.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.