Worth getting into again?Do you get stuff for free.

#1 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

I was a major addict (vanilla and bc high level raiding), but I think I can handle it now ... as soon as I have graduated. I hear the game is much more casual now (good). So do you get an expansion for free if you by the newest one? So only Cataclysm not Lich King? Can you still get to max level without "Lich King"? I guess no one it in Northrend anymore. I inted to level up my lvl 70 Druid.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

With a year's subscription you can get Diablo III for free. I think.

#3 Posted by McShank (1630 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

With a year's subscription you can get Diablo III for free. I think.

And you get Tyreal's mount or whatever his name is.. Looks cool but Is it worth doing?!?

#4 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

I think you still have to buy all the expansions. There is no level 70 to 80 Cataclysm content to level-up on.

#5 Edited by RuisuX (43 posts) -

If you buy a fresh copy of WoW, you will have access to Burning Crusade content (levels 60-70), but you will still need to buy Wrath of the Lich King (70-80 content) and Cataclysm (80-85). If you already have vanila WoW, I think your account gets upgraded to a Burning Crusade account for free, but I'm not sure about that.

If you commit to paying one year (an option you will need to access from Battle.net account settings), you will get a digital copy of Diablo III when it comes out and Tyrael's Charger (flying horse mount that scales to your current riding skill) in patch 4.3, which will come out in a month or two. Full FAQ on that here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=D3WoWFAQ&rhtml=true

#6 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

Yes it is, without question.

#7 Posted by Cheetozs (11 posts) -

I have a lvl 85 mage, (hellscream, Names cheetozs) I have been playing wow since TBC was out.Well, to be honest with you the game has become a bit monotonous. Bunch of daily quest to gain rep with a faction. Same raids ( which currently the main one people run is fire lands). I only still play wow because of my guild and two real life friends still play. But just wait for guild wars 2 or star wars IMO. They seem to have better story / game play options.

#8 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@RuisuX said:

If you buy a fresh copy of WoW, you will have access to Burning Crusade content (levels 60-70), but you will still need to buy Wrath of the Lich King (70-80 content) and Cataclysm (80-85). If you already have vanila WoW, I think your account gets upgraded to a Burning Crusade account for free, but I'm not sure about that.

Ah ok. So I bought BC back in the day (CE even). Ok. So the two expansions are 60 EUR for me then. Quite steep.

@Cheetozs said:

I have a lvl 85 mage, (hellscream, Names cheetozs) I have been playing wow since TBC was out.Well, to be honest with you the game has become a bit monotonous. Bunch of daily quest to gain rep with a faction. Same raids ( which currently the main one people run is fire lands). I only still play wow because of my guild and two real life friends still play. But just wait for guild wars 2 or star wars IMO. They seem to have better story / game play options.

I always has been. It's always has been about the people. Hell, I grinded Timbermaw Hold and Neverwing to exalted to get some vanity items. I hate that this is still possible. They should given the old players some exclusive stuff. Lets see. After all these years I have 2-3 real live friends who I really like to play with. Most on a Mac. So no GW2 or TOR.

Restoration-Druid 4 life!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.