WoW Addiction Article

#1 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

Would any players who have been "addicted" like to answer a few questions for an assignment of mine?

#2 Posted by KarlPilkington (2684 posts) -

I always used to make up answers that correlated with my hypothesis.

#3 Edited by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@KarlPilkington said:

I always used to make up answers that correlated with my hypothesis.

Anonymous groups are the best groups

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I can pretend to be addicted even though I've never played the game before.

#5 Posted by Brother_PipPop (252 posts) -

I play the game nightly...so if you wanna talk hit send me a message.

#6 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I seriously dislike WoW so if you want some answers to make it seem utterly horrifying, I'm your man. I'll be expecting your call.

#7 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

What defines 'addiction'?

#8 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

I would say I was addicted at a point. But I was unemployed and was taking a year off uni, so I had ample free time to waste. So sure, I can answer some questions if needed.

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Sure, send em over.
I spend 5 years on the game, on and off.

#10 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

I don't know if i would call it addiction, but I certainly used to raid hardcore enough that I should be able to provide some answers for you. Feel free to throw them my way.

#11 Posted by Masin (131 posts) -

I was addicted for well over 2 years. I'll answer some of them there questions for you

#12 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

People are still doing this? weren't we done with this whole thing like 3 years ago?

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

I had to put the baby in the microwave to stop it from screaming' at me, so I could play more world of warcraft.

#14 Posted by Junkerman (253 posts) -

Volunteerism is not the proper way to conduct a scientific study.

#15 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

@Junkerman said:

Volunteerism is not the proper way to conduct a scientific study.

its not a study, it is an article talking about players who are struggling with or overcoming addiction to gaming (in this case, WoW). I fail to see where you got scientific study from.

#16 Posted by Junkerman (253 posts) -

@Akeldama: My apologies; when you said assignment, I just assumed a study because thats the type of assignment I'm used to working with. In any case I was merely just cautioning against the use of faceless volunteers on the internet who could easily just lie about their experiences for something "fun" to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.