Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

WoW: Cataclysm

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Crixaliz

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=92919.0

I just read this and it turns out that, not only are those rumors about Goblins and Worgen true! Blizzard have some more crazy stuff planned.

New level cap will be raised to 85 (they don't want to hit lvl 100 too soon as they have more expansions planned).

Some race/class barriers have been removed so now you can have; Troll Druid, Tauren Paladin (I would totally make one if I still played), Dwarf Mage and Undead hunters etc.

Sounds pretty funky.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Sounds pretty neat. I don't see WoW going away for a very long time. 

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Valames

Well if this is true then it looks like they are just trying to add in stuff fans have been asking for since the first expansion. They have always been strong in the belief that the goblins are a neutral race and certain races can only be certain jobs. To me it seems that the lore fans are going to be up in arms about every aspect of this expansion and Blizzard is just desperately trying to churn out content to keep it alive. I know I sound like a naysayer but this is coming from kicking the WoW drug a few months back. Just seems like fanfare to me.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Fake.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

I've read some of the leaks/rumors about it.  I guess we will wait and see if it's true or not.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By tekmojo

Well MMO champion was right about the WotLK so I'm going to assume that 99% of this information is true. Looks like they are finally showing signs of slowing down on the new content. No new continent, no new classes, just cleaning up and revamping now.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen189

They're citing SOMETHING AWFUL as a reliable source

Come on :P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

It's MMO Champion, which basically means it's correct info.  Also, it makes a lot of sense as well.  Fans have been begging for Grim Batol, Uldum, Hyjal, and other areas to finally be unlocked.  Doing a drastic remodeling of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is about the only thing that could pull me back into the game at this point.  If all this is true, or even part of it is true, then I'll be back in the saddle.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By Cerza

There's been a big discussion about this over at MMORPG.com. Personally, I am in with the crowd that thinks this isn't real, or not all of it is real. As has been stated, Something Awful is cited as a source and that's about as reliable as saying you get your news from 4chan. Things like Tauren Paladin and Gnome Priests I just find to be rediculous. However, I could see some of this being true. Blizz has been talking about revamping Old Azeroth since BC and there's things such as Human Hunters that players have been demanding since day 1. Also, Dwarf Mages were in the Beta if I remember correctly, but then there was a lot in the beta that never made it out with good reason. Rogues could wear plate and Hunters could use shields back then...

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it confirmed at Blizzcon this week.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Happy

I want all of this to be true therefore it is true.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear

Although it sounds nice it doesnt make sense. How could they make an expansion after Wotlk that includes its first hero class, and not continue bringing others. At least one dps hero class and one healing hero class.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Happy

It's not a stretch to believe they could take an alternating New Races/New Class approach to expansions.

TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheTerrifyer

seems weird to me they'd set an odd number level cap.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By demonbear

and go for 2-3 years with only one hero class available? I think it is...

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kohe321

If this is true, then I might start playing wow again.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By flaminghobo

Even if it is true, I still won't play WoW.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Valames
    @demonbear said:
    " Although it sounds nice it doesnt make sense. How could they make an expansion after Wotlk that includes its first hero class, and not continue bringing others. At least one dps hero class and one healing hero class. "
    It seems to me that the Death Knight was more or less just a new class as opposed to a "hero" class. I know that was the bullet point on the back of the box, but nothing about playing one made me feel much more powerful than any other class.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By demonbear
    @Valames said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " Although it sounds nice it doesnt make sense. How could they make an expansion after Wotlk that includes its first hero class, and not continue bringing others. At least one dps hero class and one healing hero class. "
    It seems to me that the Death Knight was more or less just a new class as opposed to a "hero" class. I know that was the bullet point on the back of the box, but nothing about playing one made me feel much more powerful than any other class. "
    Well thats the deail with hero classes, you DONT want them to be stronger, otherwise you debalance the whole thing. Even now, DKs are ridiculously tough in pvp.
    Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Teh_Eel

I doubt it would be true, the new classes for races make no sense at all. Nigh Elf mage? Goes against all lore that has been set. Also thats hell of alot of work for an expansion. If it is true ,which a doubt very much, it would get me playing wow again.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BreakfastKing

At first, one of the things that threw me off the most was the exclusion of a new hero class from this list. (As others have posted as well) However, I've since realized that, should the xpack notes be legitimate, it doesn't mean that they are all-inclusive. It's just as easy for this list to be omitting something as it is for something on there to be fake. Blizz still needs a few cards to play at Blizzcon (this year and next, at the least) and this list in no way rules out hero classes in future xpacks.  Though, for the record, I wouldn't mind if they don't add any at all...

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By DanielJW

I think we have to take into consideration that none of this has actually been confirmed. Aswell as the fact that Blizzard likes to throw people for a loop sometimes.  

That aside this stuff does sound very cool. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By CL60

Here blizzard goes ruining WoW some more.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By asurastrike
    @CL60 said:
    " Here blizzard goes ruining WoW some more. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.