Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms 4: Mayhem

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 29, 2005

The third 3D worms game improves on its predecessor with more options and more mayhem.

Worms 3 / my image on NeoGAF / a favor to ask

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

So an interesting thing happened to me today.

Sometime around early '09, I started writing for a small gaming blog. I wrote a little over twenty articles and reviews for the site before deciding to stop. Along the way, I wrote what is perhaps the most detailed review you'll ever read about a recent Worms game, and an image was included to show just how much content was still missing from the current games.

Here is the cashed page of my review.

Note that the review page shows "Mike" as the author, but the index shows the correct name, "Jacob."

Now, I always felt that this was a fairly small blog, and yet I open up a NeoGAF thread devoted to Worms 3--I'm posting this in the Worms 4 forum, so that should give you a good idea of just how stupid that name is--and would you look at that! It's the image from a review I wrote in 2009. An image that I really didn't expect to see turn up again in 2013.

Well, I don't have a NeoGAF account, but if someone who does wouldn't mind asking the thread creator where they first saw that picture, I'd appreciate it.

[update] Don't bother asking. It's apparently the second image when searching for "Worms Weapons" on google.

At any rate, I'm just happy that people are still using it to rage against the travesties that are modern Worms games.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

if you type worms weapons into google its the second result, the image from gogaminggiant.com which i assume is your original

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You should be able to contact a moderator without having an account. I've never interacted with NeoGAF, but there has to be some way for copyright holders and content creators (like yourself) to file misuse claims.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@mlarrabee said:

You should be able to contact a moderator without having an account. I've never interacted with NeoGAF, but there has to be some way for copyright holders and content creators (like yourself) to file misuse claims.

Woah! Not at all where I'm going with this. I'm happy to see that the image is still being used to debate the topic, and that's all.

Some red X's were placed over weapons that were no longer in the game. If I remember correctly, I'm not even the person who made the image. It was just my idea.

I was just wondering where he first saw the image, as I doubt it was from the blog article that it was created for. Sounds like it was probably just google, though.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By audiosnow

@spaceinsomniac: Ah, I see. I think I added a layer of passive-aggressive irritation in your post when I read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.