Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms Reloaded

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 26, 2010

Worms Reloaded is a traditional 2D Worms game released on Steam. It is an "Extended Version" of the Xbox Live Arcade releases of Worms.

Worms Reloaded - The buyers remorse

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Alright, I'm a sucker for Steam's offers where you get neat stuff to Team Fortress 2. I bought L4D2 for Bill's hat for example. But I bought this game and felt royally ripped off. It's too bloody clean, thirty cute hats doesn't exactly do me any favors. I was surprised to realize that the game actually look WORSE than Worms 2.. or well maybe not worse in graphics, but it just look dull. The worms going back to 2D is definitely the way to go but did they have to do their best to make the game feel like an effin Flash game? I got Alien Homonid vibes after a few rounds with a friend. 

I'll probably pop in and play here and there, it's not a terrible game by any means... But why would I play this game when I might as well just pull out Worms 2 or Worms Armageddon from my old game's collection. I guess I just expected more from it after they had learn not to go for 3D... But would it kill them to look at 2.5D looks and more physics based environment? I would't  mind, no wait.. I DEMAND a bit more fancy destruction and carnage. Going back to 2D doesn't give you the right to blatantly ignore new ideas!

Or what do you reckon? Would Worms suffer from exploring physics in the environment and more feel of depth to the worms? What would this game need to be worth a purchase?

RivaOni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RivaOni

As you said, its still fun, but it does feel kind of tired and old hat. They've not really done anything drastically new with Worms for a long long time, and a few comedy weapons aside it feels pretty much like the first one did 15 years ago. My only reasons for owning it are 1. given a code by Team17 to review it and 2. Worms Armageddon doesn't seem to work on my system, even with the Vista patch.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thehexeditor

Plenty of nostalgia playing Worms on old computers when I went to after-school academy..

That shit's past me now. I don't care at all for Worms.

eillothebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By eillothebadger

You should play Worms Armageddon for XBOX. No wait don't. Ever. It fuckin sucks. Especially when you've played the original on ps1 with mail strikes, homing pigeons and grannies.

Avatar image for lordruperteverton
    LordRupertEverton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordRupertEverton

I had never played any other worms games so im happy

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Julmust

Seems like they should use one of them all new fancy physics engines and find some new game modes.

I really like me some worms, but shit just feels like it did way back in my early childhood. No progression in the series, they should either develop it further or let it die.

Avatar image for lordruperteverton
    LordRupertEverton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordRupertEverton

after one day of playing this i got so freaking mad! it seriously was not fun at all, and its all due to the computers ability to NEVER MISS YOU with any weapon no matter where you are on the map.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.