Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms Reloaded

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 26, 2010

Worms Reloaded is a traditional 2D Worms game released on Steam. It is an "Extended Version" of the Xbox Live Arcade releases of Worms.

Worms Reloaded - Who's Buying It?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By kevinski

While I first played the original Worms back when I was in high school, I never really got into it until I played Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party in college. More recently, I purchased Worms 2: Armageddon for XBLA. It brought back a lot of memories, although I did learn one important lesson from playing it: I can't ninja rope for shit with a d-pad. Enter Worms Reloaded, the upcoming PC installment of the series that'll initially be released on Steam on August 26th (although I assume that people who pre-purchase it will actually get to play on the 25th).

I've already pre-purchased it. I mean, what's not to love? It'll be awesome enough playing a new Worms game with keyboard and mouse support. Better still, I won't need to leave the damn disc in the disc tray this time around. (Sure, that's a minor gripe, but it was ridiculous when you consider the fact that the games didn't install the vast majority of the game's audio to your hard drive.) I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things (literally) by honing my ninja rope skills, as well as better adapting myself to the new weapons without making mistakes due to the awkward controls of the XBLA installment.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kevinski

While I first played the original Worms back when I was in high school, I never really got into it until I played Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party in college. More recently, I purchased Worms 2: Armageddon for XBLA. It brought back a lot of memories, although I did learn one important lesson from playing it: I can't ninja rope for shit with a d-pad. Enter Worms Reloaded, the upcoming PC installment of the series that'll initially be released on Steam on August 26th (although I assume that people who pre-purchase it will actually get to play on the 25th).

I've already pre-purchased it. I mean, what's not to love? It'll be awesome enough playing a new Worms game with keyboard and mouse support. Better still, I won't need to leave the damn disc in the disc tray this time around. (Sure, that's a minor gripe, but it was ridiculous when you consider the fact that the games didn't install the vast majority of the game's audio to your hard drive.) I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things (literally) by honing my ninja rope skills, as well as better adapting myself to the new weapons without making mistakes due to the awkward controls of the XBLA installment.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

worms for life. i have never had so much fun playing a multiplayer game with friends than i did with worms. i'm debating it. i'm still waiting for Worms 2: Armageddon for the PS3 

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gargantuan

I already own two XBLA Worms games and I've spent a lot of money on games recently so I'll pass.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By JonathanMoore

Looks pretty great, I will probably end up buying it.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm buying it. Worms are great.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Linkin10362

I really liked Worms 2 for the XBLA, so I might get it.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NukeSpoon

Worms is the shit yo.

As a Brit, I'm getting ripped off by Steam prices, so I'm looking for a Yank who's willing to buy a 4-pack for me and some bros. I could save almost 50% doing that.

But yeah, I am hoping this won't be some shitty-ass console port which was gimped up already then not quite ungimped.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kevinski
    @NukeSpoon said:
    " Worms is the shit yo. 

As a Brit, I'm getting ripped off by Steam prices, so I'm looking for a Yank who's willing to buy a 4-pack for me and some bros. I could save almost 50% doing that. 

But yeah, I am hoping this won't be some shitty-ass console port which was gimped up already then not quite ungimped. "
    How much does it cost for you?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It looks cool, but it's too pricey for what is essentially an updated version of Worms 2: Armageddon. I'm sure I'll end up picking it up in a steam sale or something, but I'm not paying £16 for it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jimbo

I like Worms as much as the next man, but could they possible milk this franchise any more?  Never before has such a mediocre developer survived for so long off the back of such a mediocre franchise.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By count_zero

I'm a long time Worms Fan, and I don't have a Worms game on my computer, so I may pick this up. Additionally, I hope that SteamWorks will deal with some of the problems I had with players on Worms in the past who were jerks (using racist language, etc.)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous

I played a ton of Worms Armageddon like a decade ago, so I'll probably buy Reloaded, eventually.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NukeSpoon
    @kevinski said:
    " @NukeSpoon said:
    " Worms is the shit yo. 

But yeah, I am hoping this won't be some shitty-ass console port which was gimped up already then not quite ungimped. "
    How much does it cost for you? "
    If I were to buy it myself by itself it would be £16.

If I got someone from the States to buy it for me in a 4-pack, it would be £9.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.