Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms Revolution

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

Worms Revolution is the next game in the Worms franchise from Team 17 Software. Built entirely from scratch, Revolution will return to the series' 2D roots.

The list of needed improvements over the last Worms game

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Taken from an old review I wrote about 2009's Worms 2: Armageddon, here's a big list of things that game got wrong:

no option to put an indestructible boarder around the landscape

no sudden death options

no teleporting your team in at the beginning of a match

no way to lower the water level

no way to adjust the power settings on each weapon

no way to set the frequency that each weapon appears in creates

no low gravity option

worms are limited to four per team (instead of eight)

no level editor

a good deal of weapons and utilities missing

the aiming doesn’t use analog control

the background can blend in with the foreground, making it hard to tell where the land is

the landscape generator doesn’t show you the entire level anymore, and tends to cut off the ends

you can’t change controller layout

there’s no way to turn off sudden death, even in custom schemes

no option to take turns teleporting your worms into the landscape at the beginning of the game

the landscape generator forces a level on you after about 10 seconds of looking for something that you’d enjoy, even in a private match

horrible lag

there’s now no way to tell what type of games are being hosted online

not able to use a custom scheme without hosting a private match

So yeah, Worms 2: Armageddon was a joke for Worms Armageddon fans, who had been waiting for over a dozen years just to play a proper game of worms over Xbox Live or PSN. Hopefully they've addressed at least the majority of these issues with the new game. Once the game is out, I'll look forward to editing this post and seeing how well they did.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Krockett

I think the best improvement would be to make another Game...let the worms series lie for a bit and then come back to it...I love those guys and the

worms" franchise...I just would really like to see them throw their hat into something else.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@8bit_Archer said:

I think the best improvement would be to make another Game...let the worms series lie for a bit and then come back to it...I love those guys and the

worms" franchise...I just would really like to see them throw their hat into something else.

I can certainly see that as one point of view, but as far as I'm concerned the Worms series has been "dead" since 1999 when Worms Armageddon was released. There's really been nothing in the series worth playing since that game.

I do agree that I wouldn't mind seeing them make a new IP, though.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

I kind of liked World Tour, but I was too young to really know the difference. I didn't play it nearly as much as Worms 2, which is still the best game in the series. I haven't even thought about a new worms game in who knows how long. Everything that's come out since Worms World Tour has been meh, really. If they make one that lives up to 2, maybe I'll consider buying it? maybe?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@BoG said:

I kind of liked World Tour, but I was too young to really know the difference. I didn't play it nearly as much as Worms 2, which is still the best game in the series. I haven't even thought about a new worms game in who knows how long. Everything that's come out since Worms World Tour has been meh, really. If they make one that lives up to 2, maybe I'll consider buying it? maybe?

I believe you're thinking of Worms World Party, not World Tour.

Also, while you say Worms 2 is the best in the series, I believe Armageddon included every feature of that game, added loads more content, and offered support for higher monitor resolutions. Later in its life, it also gained an image import feature, a far more powerful scheme editor, and even a messaging program where you could see who was online without starting the game. I would darn near say that it's objectively the better game.

confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By confinedbread

Just go old school, and rerelease worms world party as it is already. Then, when new weapons are thought up, release them as free DLC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.