GB review?

#1 Posted by ptc (619 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this one, and I hope Giantbomb reviews. What are the chances given the GB "friendliness" with Iron Galaxy Studios?

#2 Posted by Ramone (2972 posts) -

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do one considering how much GB is into the Lang Zone.

#3 Posted by BigDaddy81 (329 posts) -

I wouldn't look for a review by GB. They'll QL and discuss it in the Bombcast to give it due diligence, but I think the GB crew and David Lang are far too chummy to give Wreckateer at least the pretense of an unbiased review.

#4 Posted by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -

Calling it right now: It'll get reviewed; 3 stars; life will go on.

Come to think of it, I should probably put that bet in on imcalling.it!

#5 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

I recall Jeff saying they wouldn't be reviewing it in the Quick Look Ex.

#6 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

Giantbomb and reviews?! HAHAHAHAHA

#7 Posted by brownsfantb (393 posts) -

They didn't review Bastion because they were close with those guys, so I'm guessing they won't review this either.

#8 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

They can't review it, watch the Quick Look to find out why,

#9 Posted by ptc (619 posts) -

@psylah said:

I watched the QL wen it went up, but don't remeber them saying anything specific about a review...

#10 Posted by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -

"It's Wreckateer, which we've done all we're gonna do with it." -Jeff on the new releases during this week's I Love Monday.

Well that answers that question.

#11 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

@ptc said:

@psylah said:

I watched the QL wen it went up, but don't remeber them saying anything specific about a review...

When you use a bomb projectile and fly through a bomb upgrade, it says "Giant Bomb" on the screen and it plays a soundbite with some GB memes on it.

It's a conflict of interest.

#12 Posted by theimmortalbum (498 posts) -

Yeah I'm willing to bet they won't review it at all. They said in today's ILM that they're tapped out for it, and given their relationship with Dave Lang it'll more than likely go the Bastion route and forgo review, since they don't want anyone to yell about bias or conflicts of interest.

#13 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

I have my own site and podcast, and I will not be reviewing it either due to being friends with Dave Lang and Kraig Kujawa from Iron Galaxy. I already have the game and I will tell you it's fun. The controls work really well for a Kinect game, as in how they were intended. The next friend leaderboard challenge is a good carrot on the stick to replay levels. The most surprising thing is the amount of strategy involved in trying to get the highest scores. The destruction is kind of similar to Red Faction Guerrilla, the way you make structures fall can make them destroy other structures for bigger bonuses. If you have a Kinect, you want this game. The achievements are pretty funny too.

#14 Posted by EXTomar (4760 posts) -

Not every game needs a review. I'm happy with them just talking about it to get a sense of how good the game is.

#15 Posted by Milkman (16838 posts) -

During I Love Mondays, Jeff said that the Quick Look EX would be the full extent of their coverage.

#16 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1462 posts) -

Yo do you like angry birds? Do you own a kinect? Then you will probably like this game

#17 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@evildeadron said:

The destruction is kind of similar to Red Faction Guerrilla, the way you make structures fall can make them destroy other structures for bigger bonuses.

Come on, Wreckateer wishes it had physics like RF:G ... as goofy and gamey as they are. Instead Wreckateer just has very simple destruction animations and smoke puffs.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

3 stars.

#19 Posted by Cusseta (109 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@evildeadron said:

The destruction is kind of similar to Red Faction Guerrilla, the way you make structures fall can make them destroy other structures for bigger bonuses.

Come on, Wreckateer wishes it had physics like RF:G ... as goofy and gamey as they are. Instead Wreckateer just has very simple destruction animations and smoke puffs.

Exactly

#20 Posted by alternate (2710 posts) -

I doubt they were ever going to review it. Not really the GB demographic and 5 minutes of video tells you if you are likely to have any interest in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.