Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wreckateer

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 25, 2012

Demolish goblin-infested medieval fantasy castles with the power of Kinect in this 2012 XBLA game.

Thoughts From the Community?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

Anyone here actually put any time into the game? Looking at it on XBLA but don't want to make the plunge unless people are giving it a thumbs up. I know the Kinect stuff is extremely hit or miss (mostly miss).

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

The game works great for me, all the movements are big gestures so the Kinect works fine.

EvanFavreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By EvanFavreau

I just tried the demo and it didn't really work. To be fair, I have a fairly small living room area, so not all Kinect games work the best, but Dance Central works perfectly for me. But my main problem was while playing my Avatar would keep slowly spinning. So the game would tell me to move forward to shoot, but if my Avatar had spun around, I myself would have to move backwards to go forwards in the game. This meant I couldn't actually grab the wrecking ball. (Confusing, right?)

So basically this game doesn't work for me, at least with my living room. Too bad, too, I was hoping it'd be pretty fun. But you should try the demo and see for yourself.

campn8r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By campn8r
    @EvanFavreau There are reports of people having trouble with their avatar spinning in circles and it appears to be caused by having a controller hooked up to the Xbox. Try unplugging any controllers and see if that helps.
    lameimpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By lameimpala

@campn8r: I'll try that, I've been having a similar problem - the avatar doesn't spin, but it sometimes doesn't track that I'm moving side to side, or it will go in the wrong direction. All in all a good game though, and I can fight through the occasional hiccup to play a good Kinect game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

I was thinking about buying it for my son to play (he loves anything that smashes) but I got the demo and unfortunately it's yet another Kinect game that doesn't work right for small kids.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By bibamatt

I was all excited (purely from Giant Bomb hype) but decided not to buy based on the pretty meh reviews. Tried the demo anyway and I didn't really enjoy it. It's got a good style to it, mind!

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ptc

Works great for me. No kinect issues or avatar spinning whatsoever. Lives up to the hype - fun game!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By eccentrix

It's fun and easy to use, but my shoulders have been aching for days. I guess I need to stretch next time.

palmettobling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By palmettobling

I love it. It's quite a bit of fun, and I have not had any problems from the Kinect recognizing what I want it to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.