Could they added any more backstage handicap brawls to RTW?

#1 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

It seems like there is one every other match and they are so god damn frustrating, monotonous, repetitive, and boring. I even have the difficulty set to easy and all the sliders at zero and I still have trouble with these. Who they hell thought this was a good idea? I can understand one every once in a while, but one every god damn other week? Fucking terrible. This is the last WWE game I will play because of this. Its not fun whatsoever.

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

that's part of why i've avoided RTW altogether. the story isn't interesting at all, and they never do anything interesting with the matches. i don't find the game difficult at all, though. maybe it's due to years and years of playing wresting games (many of them being significantly different when it comes to the gameplay) but i've been having a great time with the WWE Universe mode and just making crazy matches. a shame that the online doesn't work well at all.

#3 Edited by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

that's part of why i've avoided RTW altogether. the story isn't interesting at all, and they never do anything interesting with the matches. i don't find the game difficult at all, though. maybe it's due to years and years of playing wresting games (many of them being significantly different when it comes to the gameplay) but i've been having a great time with the WWE Universe mode and just making crazy matches. a shame that the online doesn't work well at all.

I think the difficulty in the RTW is different than the rest of the game. I've changed all the AI sliders to 0 and it doesn't seem to have any effect of the RTW matches. I've played every WWE game since SVR '08 and never had a problem either. So I can't imagine that I'm just bad at the game now. I just refuse to believe that none of the play testers complained about the never ending handicap backstage brawls. I'm near the end of the third RTW story and I was sick of those matches an hour into the first story.

#4 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

the difficultly in RTWM is insane. even with the ai tunrened down it is ahrd to do anything. THis is the worst Ai since the TNA game.

also this mode should be renamed to press y to see cool stuff happen

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

My problem with the backstage segments is the monotony. I hope they just go ahead and drop these areas in future outings. Barring that, maybe putting in a few more varied environments with wider, less glitchy areas to fight in would go a long ways towards fixing some of the problems.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.