Randy Orton Psyches Up For WWE '12

#1 Edited by dankempster (2230 posts) -

Quest get? 

EDIT: What luck. I don't have any interest in this game, though. That makes me feel so dirty...

#2 Edited by Eqtriz (21 posts) -

Damn :D

#3 Posted by Alex (1836 posts) -

I'm calling it: Worst video game trailer of 2011.

THERE IS NO VIDEO GAME IN YOUR VIDEO GAME TRAILER, DAWG.

Staff
#4 Posted by _Tribby (2 posts) -
@alex said:

I'm calling it: Worst video game trailer of 2011.

THERE IS NO VIDEO GAME IN YOUR VIDEO GAME TRAILER, DAWG.

You're underestimating the truly next gen graphical step up that WWE '12 brings to the table.
#5 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

I think it's cute that little boys have their homoerotic soap operas.

#6 Posted by TurboMan (6965 posts) -

This game is like Randy Orton...

Boring.

#7 Posted by ScionOfThor (26 posts) -

Wish this was Zack Ryder instead.  WWWYKI

#8 Posted by TehJedicake (868 posts) -

I don't give a shit about wrestling, but even I think Randy Orton is cool

#9 Posted by Zamir (506 posts) -

i would way rather play a another TNA game just off Jeff description of it

#10 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

So this is the video package hyping Randy for the next PPV, right? 
Right?

#11 Posted by pplus0440 (260 posts) -

lol impact wrestling is better than wwe right now.....IMO. But it is...
#12 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

It is about time smackdown vs raw got scrapped.

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@pplus0440 said:
LOL... no.
#14 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

Nice compilation of WWE clips. Can't qualify for a trailer tho.

#15 Posted by rmanthorp (3705 posts) -

DDT?

#16 Posted by Piranesi (452 posts) -

Reboot my arse ...

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
This game is like Randy Orton...  Boring.
You've not seen the game you know.
#18 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

Well I give them credit for trying to improve their product but......where's WWE All Stars 2!?

#19 Posted by Frank_Mann (53 posts) -

The South is stoked.

#20 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@TurboMan: Talking shit about something that hasn't even been released.Bravo
#21 Posted by botchmouth (3 posts) -

I believe in the "badder" part. Not exactly overwhelmed by the preliminary screenshots. WWE Wrestle game 20XX has always been the Fable of wrestling games. Lots of promises - poorly executed and under-delivered.

Haven't purchase any game from this series at release since 2007 (which I still fire up from time to time) and this one will be no different.

#22 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -
@Piranesi said:
Reboot my arse ...
Seeing as the gameplay and everything is being gutted and is being completely redone i would say yes.. that would make it a reboot.
#23 Posted by NegativeCero (2928 posts) -

So, is "badder" an actual word? Hopefully they change more than just a few things now but I still haven't cared about wrestling games for a while.

#24 Posted by thesage (52 posts) -

What if all this was actually the in-game footage?! Our minds would be blown. 

#25 Posted by ScionOfThor (26 posts) -
@CL60 said:
@pplus0440 said:
LOL... no.

It depends on how you look at it.  WWE I would said is technically better, but Impact is so hilariously bad that it is a lot more entertaining.  Its honestly like a parody of an actual wrestling show.
#26 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ScionOfThor said:

@CL60 said:

@pplus0440 said:
LOL... no.
It depends on how you look at it.  WWE I would said is technically better, but Impact is so hilariously bad that it is a lot more entertaining.  Its honestly like a parody of an actual wrestling show.
Sometimes it's just too much, like Sting vs Jeff Hardy at Victory Road. That was just pathetic and if I bought that, I would want my money back. Impact is just god awful.
#27 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

It would be nice if THQ acted on those promises one year and just gave us what we wanted. An updated game that played and functioned like Here comes the pain....

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

poo

#29 Posted by Pop (2532 posts) -

Lawl this was ok I guess, this is the best thing about wrestling seeing the hype video or w/e it is, so I guess wwe is releasing video editing software, I would totally buy that HAHAHAHAHA.

#30 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2343 posts) -

I thought it was going to ask me to see a fight on saturday.

#31 Posted by Geirfinnur (5 posts) -

Just make another all stars that is what is going to sell god damn it also I want another one.

#32 Posted by TadThuggish (882 posts) -

It breaks my heart that Yuke's is still making this.  They're a tired, lazy developer.  WWE '12 isn't a reboot, just a name change. 

Now, if WWE All Stars got sequels with higher production values and a brighter, heh, "push" (do you get it wrestling lingo) then I'd be in love.  Even if the All Stars concept is beaten in to the ground SVR or Call of Duty style, at least it would be a significant change to the yearly formula.

#33 Posted by Terrents (291 posts) -
Wait... Video games?
#34 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Wow, that game trailer sure seemed a lot like some shitty PPV promo. Maybe this really will be the most realistic wrestling game ever! Just needs more shitty nu-metal.

#35 Posted by Demoskinos (13927 posts) -

I like how everyone is saying  "Oh all they are doing is changing the name"  and haven't even read the articles of the hands on impressions about  how they have stripped the entire animation system and control scheme out  and how the core engine itself is being retooled completely  for faster and more fluid gameplay. 

I'll agree this was a dumb first trailer to put out but I'm going to at least wait until more video starts to surface of actual gameplay before I start throwing this under the bus.

#36 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4487 posts) -

I do love Randy Orton.

#37 Posted by MeatSim (10612 posts) -

So they are rebooting the WWE universe. What's the story this time?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.