So it seems they are actually trying this time?

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations.  

Day of Reckoning did this, and it was annoying as hell. Remember how bad Triple Threats and Fatal Four Ways were? This makes them 100x worse because you can't pull off ANY moves.
#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If it's still Yukes, it'll still be garbage.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -
@ajamafalous
I remember that, was very annoying. Hopefully they figured something out and it's fine this time.
#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations.  

Day of Reckoning did this, and it was annoying as hell. Remember how bad Triple Threats and Fatal Four Ways were? This makes them 100x worse because you can't pull off ANY moves.
Wrestlemania X8 on the Gamecube did too.  I think it's a step in the right direction, but the fact they're hyping this up as a massive new feature is a little sad.
#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Until they make a No Mercy 2, I won't believe they're even remotely trying.
 
That Allstar thing that came out while ago was fun tho.

#7 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

I liked allstars but I don't have faith in this game just yet. 
It needs a complete revamp. 
#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Don't we say that every year?
Remember how amazing Universe mode sounded, then turned out to be really really bad.

#9 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Until they make a No Mercy 2, I won't believe they're even remotely trying. 
This.  But an even more important issue is, how does Triple H's hair look?
#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Until they make a No Mercy 2, I won't believe they're even remotely trying.
I just looked up AKI to see what they're up to these days and they don't even exist anymore, so I guess we can stop hoping for a new No Mercy.
#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -
@HandsomeDead
That's what they said about Duke.
Where there's a fanbase, there's a will, someday, sometime, somewhere, somehow.
#12 Posted by DonChipotle (2858 posts) -

I liked 2011 and Universe mode. But then I have weird taste. As long as I can still make a dude and have him come out to gangsta rap, it's all good

#13 Edited by lavaman77 (565 posts) -

Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.

#14 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

" When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble " 
 
great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.

#15 Posted by Mcfart (1729 posts) -

You can break moves with punches now?
 
 
...really?
 
 
...REALLY?
 
handicap matches in the story mode will suck so hard now.

#16 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@niamahai said:
" When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble "  great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.
If you play with people that knows the game, they should let people do all sorts of moves on each other and plan shit ahead by throwing them out the ring and stuff before final pin fall. 
#17 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
@niamahai said:
" When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble "  great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.
If you play with people that knows the game, they should let people do all sorts of moves on each other and plan shit ahead by throwing them out the ring and stuff before final pin fall. 
we shouldn't be out-cheesing the AI to win. 
 
we should win by pure skill!
#18 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4899 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:
Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.
I still play No Mercy, and you know what? 
 
It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game. 
 
Fun.
#19 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

can anybody recall on the year they decided to Madden-fy the SvR series to be more like a sim than an arcade brawler, did people claimed it was the 2nd coming of Christ, or did they bitch about it non-stop?

#20 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
@lavaman77 said:
Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.
I still play No Mercy, and you know what? 
 
It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game.  Fun.
Goody for you, keep playing it and don't whine about Yuke's. they can't be blamed for the crappy games since THQ is breathing down their necks not letting them rest even for one year, if THQ and WWE skipped years we would see far better games. the main reason why older games were better was because the developers took their time with the game without the deadline of the year stopping the dev's from trying new stuff. you go ahead and praise No Mercy all you want but if it was released last year you would be singing a different song.
#21 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4899 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:
@KingWilly said:
@lavaman77 said:
Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.
I still play No Mercy, and you know what? 
 
It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game.  Fun.
Goody for you, keep playing it and don't whine about Yuke's. they can't be blamed for the crappy games since THQ is breathing down their necks not letting them rest even for one year, if THQ and WWE skipped years we would see far better games. the main reason why older games were better was because the developers took their time with the game without the deadline of the year stopping the dev's from trying new stuff. you go ahead and praise No Mercy all you want but if it was released last year you would be singing a different song.
If it was released last year It'd look amazing as well as play fantastically well. 
 
WWE '12 does look interesting so far, but to rage at people who have standards and remember how great wrestling games used to be is foolish. Ever since Smackdown 2006 the series has been on a slow, painful decline. The technology has been showing its age since the end of the PS2 generation, and only now they are getting around to fixing major complaints about their franchise? That's indefensible, no matter how many deadlines you want to hide behind.  
 
To put it in perspective, since you're probably a young man, I've been buying and playing Smackdown games since Smackdown 2: Know Your Role. I've been on this weird trip every step of the way with THQ/Yuke's, so telling me I'm an asshole for not wanting to the only wrestling game in town to suck complete ass is bullshit, and you're a shitty person for implying such.
#22 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
@lavaman77 said:
@KingWilly said:
@lavaman77 said:
Oh for god's sake shut up about No Mercy already, that game was crap and was as boring as SvR, the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because of nostalgia and the roster. you want no mercy? go play it and don't bug us about it in every WWE thread. as for this news i can't freakin wait, it looks like they're merging the smooth and fluid gameplay of All Stars with the real pace of the Smackdown/Raw shows. im so hyped up to see the gameplay, i personally still play SvR11 solely because of universe mode, according to the news posted around they improved it and added storylines, i hope it has a lot of cutscenes because the ones in SvR11 got old fast because they were too few.
I still play No Mercy, and you know what? 
 
It's still better than anything Yuke's has produced. For all of the glitz and spectacle Yuke's produces, they've always been missing that certain something that made No Mercy the best wrestling game.  Fun.
Goody for you, keep playing it and don't whine about Yuke's. they can't be blamed for the crappy games since THQ is breathing down their necks not letting them rest even for one year, if THQ and WWE skipped years we would see far better games. the main reason why older games were better was because the developers took their time with the game without the deadline of the year stopping the dev's from trying new stuff. you go ahead and praise No Mercy all you want but if it was released last year you would be singing a different song.
If it was released last year It'd look amazing as well as play fantastically well.  WWE '12 does look interesting so far, but to rage at people who have standards and remember how great wrestling games used to be is foolish. Ever since Smackdown 2006 the series has been on a slow, painful decline. The technology has been showing its age since the end of the PS2 generation, and only now they are getting around to fixing major complaints about their franchise? That's indefensible, no matter how many deadlines you want to hide behind.   To put it in perspective, since you're probably a young man, I've been buying and playing Smackdown games since Smackdown 2: Know Your Role. I've been on this weird trip every step of the way with THQ/Yuke's, so telling me I'm an asshole for not wanting to the only wrestling game in town to suck complete ass is bullshit, and you're a shitty person for implying such.
Do you always get so emotional during debates? because i wasn't calling you nor implied that you were an ass, don't put words in my mouth to get your argument across please.
 
No it wouldn't, it would be as awful as SvR 2011. back then the developers had all the time in the world to release it, they weren't forced to release a new game every year until THQ/WWE switched to the current standards. that's what started slowly murdering the series and dragging it down to the point people start falling asleep when they're playing. look at all yearly franchise, a lot of the time their sequels end up sucking and being hated on by the fans. remember it's THQ and WWE that's calling the shots, they saw that the series sales started to go down and then told Yuke's to finally fix the issues. if you want to point fingers point them at THQ and WWE, not Yuke's.  let's look at Call of Duty for example, it failed to evolve with each sequel and instead the fans got the same rubbish every year, if they took 2-3 years between games they would actually have a chance for a good sequel. 
 
 
I've been playing Wrestling games all the way back to WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game, so im much more familiar with wrestling games, son.
#23 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -

I just want WWE All Stars 2

#24 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@niamahai said:
@StaticFalconar said:
@niamahai said:
" When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble "  great! make those stupid triple threat matches even more impossible now.
If you play with people that knows the game, they should let people do all sorts of moves on each other and plan shit ahead by throwing them out the ring and stuff before final pin fall. 
we shouldn't be out-cheesing the AI to win.  we should win by pure skill!
Who the hell plays these games against the comp? I was talking about against other people. 
#25 Posted by Demoskinos (15186 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: I do, because TBQH playing with other people is a complete pain.   Especially online.  Nobody plays by the rules of a tag match and you can't have a match without the other guy trying to knock the ref out to use a weapon on your or some other dumb ass tactic that gets old REAL quick. 
 
So in my case my only two options are play with dumbasses online  or play with the AI as my friends aren't exactly into wrestling games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.