Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '12

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

WWE '12 is the latest edition in WWE's long-running wrestling game franchise previously known as "SmackDown" and "SmackDown vs. RAW".

WWE '12 worth getting for an old fan of WWF No Mercy?

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bingbangboom

I used to play so much WWF No Mercy on the Nintendo 64 but I just never felt that they have improved on what that game built up when they went with Yukes only games. Never really got into it and at that point got out of wrestling. I used to enjoy creating my own wrestlers and doing Forum/Website federations and this looks like it has potential. I don't really watch wrestling anymore so I am looking just for a fun game to play but not sure what to expect yet.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SlightConfuse

i think wwe all stars might be more your style if you want fun. WWE 12 is more a simulation than the n64 games bt it does have more options for creating characters. the new engine does look slick with the ability to break certian animations. i suggest watching some of the trailers

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Legxend

IGN reviewed the game and gave it a 9 with the strongest point being about the improved gameplay, add to the the massive create options it's worth checking out. Seeing as you don't keep up with wrestling WWE 12 is loaded with a ton of legends so you will have a nice mix of the old and the new. Speaking as someone who has played every game leading back to the first Smackdown game this looks to be the best game in a long time, if you arn't keen on this check out All Stars.

Here is the roster by the way http://wwe.thq.com/go/view/roster

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bingbangboom

@slightconfuse: I did check out WWE All-Stars with the demo but thought it was too arcadey. I thought I remember an older WWE game where you could upload and download created characters but havn't seen anything like that yet.

Also I sort of hope they do a sequel WWE All-Stars but "WWE All-Stars 2: DX vs. nWo or WWE vs WCW" or something like that. The way the graphics are and style, it is just ripe for a federation vs. federation game using older wrestlers.

Kasswara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kasswara

I wouldn't recommend getting it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

They just need to re-release WWF No Mercy as an XBLA/PSN game.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By niamahai

I will wait for alex's review

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Barrock

For anyone on the fence about the game, Best Buy's have a kiosk setup where you can play the full game. I figured it would be a demo but you can play as the entire roster.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emergency

@Barrock said:

For anyone on the fence about the game, Best Buy's have a kiosk setup where you can play the full game. I figured it would be a demo but you can play as the entire roster.

and? what are your opinions? presuming that ofc you played it.

emp231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emp231

@slightconfuse said:

i think wwe all stars might be more your style if you want fun. WWE 12 is more a simulation than the n64 games bt it does have more options for creating characters. the new engine does look slick with the ability to break certian animations. i suggest watching some of the trailers

woa did you even play those games? they were incredibly deep wrestling sims

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By BleedingStarX

Theres a quick look going up today, but having already had the game for a day I can say that the game is great. Its definitely the best WWE game in a very long time, I too loved No Mercy and I am thoroughly enjoying WWE 12 so far

emp231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By emp231

@BleedingStarX said:

Theres a quick look going up today, but having already had the game for a day I can say that the game is great. Its definitely the best WWE game in a very long time, I too loved No Mercy and I am thoroughly enjoying WWE 12 so far

thats good to hear -- its bizarre that this great re-focus to the game doesnt have an online demo - especially since it seems like its going to get good reviews

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donchipotle

I was not a fan of No Mercy but I've played every modern WWE game (save All Stars) and WWE 12 is the best one.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

WWE '12 seems to be more a WWE simulator geared towards WWE fans, while the No Mercy series (that whole engine of games) was kind of more about keeping the gameplay fun.

daemissary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daemissary

I thought last year's Smackdown vs Raw was much better. The controls might be slightly better this year but the Road to Wrestlemania was ridiculously repetitive and I thought the WWE Universe mode was virtually unplayable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.