The WWE '13 wiki last edited by Fouad_ on 05/22/14 12:01AM
View full history
WWE '13 is a wrestling game developed by Yuke's and published by THQ for the Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 platforms.
The debut trailer for WWE '13 is centered around CM Punk inspiring a revolution. The highlight of the trailer is the in-game recreation of the Mark Henry / Big Show superplex that broke the ring in October 2011. Destructible environments seem to be a focus in the game as it appears there are more options for putting opponents through the announcer's table as well as the ability to crash through the ringside barricades.
Road to WrestleMania from previous games has been scrapped in favour of the Revolution theme of the game. The main single player mode will include significant matches and feuds of the infamous and highly successful Attitude Era from the late 1990's, including the 1998 King of the Ring match between The Undertaker and Mankind (Mick Foley) in which Undertaker threw Mankind off the top of the Hell in a Cell structure into an announcer's table 20 feet below. It will also include aspects of the July 2011 CM Punk storyline which garnered the attention of mainstream media which almost lead to Punk leaving professional wrestling, only to become a popular figure in the company and go on to win his first WWE Championship.
WWE '13 will feature the largest roster in the franchise history, including modern superstars as well as many from the "Attitude Era". Superstars active during both periods will see multiple versions of themselves appear in the game (Triple H has 3 incarnations), though it has not been officially confirmed if they will be alternate attires or listed as a separate character.
*Exclusive to those that purchase Fan Axxess
** Pre-Order bonus
*** Free of charge
Mike Tyson is available as a global pre-order bonus for all versions of WWE '13
CM Punk Ice Cream Bar ring attire:
- US: GameStop
- Canada: EB Games
"Austin 3:16" Collector's Edition
The collector's Edition is full of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin goodies including:
- Foil packaging featuring the "Stone Cold" Steve Austin skull
- Steve Austin art card autographed by The Rattlesnake himself
- Austin red skull attire (2001)
- Austin's ATV ring entrance
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: The Bottom Line on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time (DVD)
- Access to Mike Tyson playable character
This package is exclusive to the THQ Store and WWE Shop in NA and will be available at GAME & GameStop in the UK.
Downloadable Content (DLC)
On October 3rd 2012, THQ announced it's full roster of downloadable Superstars from the Attitude and Modern Eras for WWE '13, alongside a Championship Titles pack and a Moves pack, which are available individually or in a Season Pass called "Fan Axxess":
- Fan Axxess (1600 Microsoft Points or $19.99 USD on PSN, 10% discount over buying content separately): Includes all downloadable content, an exclusive online badge and exclusive access to Diamond Dallas Page and Goldust.
- "Attitude Era" Superstars Pack (Available on October 30th for 80 Microsoft Points or $0.99 USD on PSN per Superstar): Includes Gangrel, Grand Master Sexay, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty and Val Venis.
- Accelerator Boost (Available on October 30th for 80 Microsoft Points or $0.99 USD on PSN): Lets players unlock all content in the game and allows them to customize individual WWE Superstar stats.
- The Undertaker's "Ministry of Darkness" Attire (Available in December of 2012 for free).
- WWE Superstars Pack (Available in December of 2012 for 80 Microsoft Points or $0.99 USD on PSN per Superstar/Diva): Includes AJ Lee, Drew McIntyre, Natalya, Ryback, Tensai and Yoshi Tatsu.
- Championship Title Pack (Available in December of 2012 for 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 USD on PSN): Includes the AWA Championship, the ECW Classic World Heavyweight Championship, the ECW World Tag Team Championship, the ECW World Television Championship, John Cena's United States Championship Title, the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, the WCW Hardcore Championship, the WCW n.W.o. World Heavyweight Championship, the WCW United States Championship and the WCW World Tag Team Championship.
- WWE Diva Layla (Available in January of 2013 for free).
- You're Welcome in Five Languages Pack (Available in January of 2013 for 80 Microsoft Points or $0.99 USD on PSN per Superstar): Includes Antonio Cesaro, Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie, Damien Sandow, Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso.
- Moves Pack (Available in January of 2013 for 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 USD on PSN): Includes: Airplane Spin, Brock Lock, Brock Lesnar's Kimura Lock, Chris Jericho's Lionsault, Corner Back Elbow Strikes, Delayed Vertical Suplex Powerslam, Flapjack/Cutter Combo, Fujiwara Armbar, Half-Nelson Backbreaker, The Hart Lock, Lift Single Underhook DDT, Omega Driver, Pin-Up Strong, Sleeper Suplex, Small Piledriver Package, Spinning Double Leg Takedown, Superkick/Pedigree Combo, Top Rope Brainbuster, Top Rope Super German Suplex and Triangle Dropkick.