All these doubles better not mess up universe mode.

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

As anybody who has played WWE 12 for an extended period of time knows, putting wrestlers as free agents or anything to keep them out of universe doesn't always work, and they really better have fixed it with all these doubles.

3 HHHs

3 Foleys

2 Litas

2 Cenas

2 Henrys

2 Undertakers

2 Bradshaws

2 Big Shows

2 Rocks

2 Jerichos

2 Christians

2 Edges

2 Kanes

I don't want Triple H to start a feud with Triple H only to have Triple H come align himself with Triple H and start a Triple H tag team for example.

#2 Posted by ShaggE (6420 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I don't want Triple H to start a feud with Triple H only to have Triple H come align himself with Triple H and start a Triple H tag team for example.

You don't want magic to happen?

#3 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -

Wait, what? Why would there be three Triple Hs to begin with?

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Wait, what? Why would there be three Triple Hs to begin with?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Attitude Era DX, and current Triple H are all in.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10912 posts) -

Triple Triple H!

#6 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

HHH³

It's kind of weird, but understandable. Foley makes more sense though.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

Why are there 2 Cenas? Hasn't he done the same thing since pretty much the beginning. Unless they count his days of rapping being worth a separate version.

#8 Posted by g6065 (273 posts) -

@CL60 said:

As anybody who has played WWE 12 for an extended period of time knows, putting wrestlers as free agents or anything to keep them out of universe doesn't always work, and they really better have fixed it with all these doubles.

Can you imagine all that badly modelled hair in one place at one time?

#9 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Why are there 2 Cenas? Hasn't he done the same thing since pretty much the beginning. Unless they count his days of rapping being worth a separate version.

Thuganomics Cena.

#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@CL60 said:

Only if I want it to! Not randomly.

#11 Posted by theedangle (46 posts) -

I will have a 6 man tag with the HHH's going against the faces of Foley. Then the universe will end.

#12 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

No gray/dat-purp era Undertaker?

#13 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (618 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@CL60 said:

exactly! i would be disappointed if that didn't happen.

#14 Posted by Serpentenema (217 posts) -

H*3^3 sounds like a brilliant idea.

#15 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

lol that sounds amazing. I will be buying this, in hopes that it happens lol.

#16 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

@theedangle said:

I will have a 6 man tag with the HHH's going against the faces of Foley. Then the universe will end.

i will be doing this too, no holds bar too lol.

#17 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

"Triple Hs, merge to form Conan the Barbarian"

#18 Edited by Hunter5024 (5617 posts) -

Unless the wrestler actually went by multiple names like Cactus Jack and Dude Love then they really ought not be a separate character, but a separate costume instead. My solution for you is to invent a time travelling plot device when playing this game, because they probably will not have fixed anything.

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

man, it would be awesome to have a HHHHHHHHH stable, but i see where you're coming from.

#20 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I'm stoked enough that his old music will be in the game, as that was a phenomenal theme (preferred the instrumental)

#21 Posted by Hunkulese (2699 posts) -

You can be pre-roid Hunter Hearst Helmsly?
That's kind of awesome. They better include a slop match.

#22 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

I'm sorry I can't sympathize because I would want this to be happening all the time. It's kinda why I play wrestling games at all.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -

2 Edges? Is the other one Sexton Hardcastle?

#24 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

I want to have my Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Mankind stable. It's going to be epic.

#25 Posted by Milkman (16664 posts) -

Tyson Kidd is not in WWE 13. 

There are 3 versions of Triple H in WWE 13.  

Fuck you.

#26 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Current Edge(Well before he retired) and Edge & Christian Edge.

#27 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Tyson Kidd is not in WWE 13. There are 3 versions of Triple H in WWE 13. Fuck you.

haha

I can't believe it took this many years to find an excuse to put 3 HHH's in this game.

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -
@CL60 said:

@ajamafalous said:

Current Edge(Well before he retired) and Edge & Christian Edge.

Does he look the same, but with longer, less-feathery hair and no tattoos?
#29 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

For those wondering, the reason there are multiple is because you can only have one moveset/entrance per character. Hunter Heart Helmsley would look dumb coming out to "IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAAAAAAAME", thus the need for the duplicate characters.

OT: Of course it's going to fuck up Universe Mode. Cory Ledesma is an idiot.

#30 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1106 posts) -

It will probably be vampire Edge.

#31 Posted by Rabid619 (1095 posts) -

I think I need to have a HHHHHHHHH vs Foley, Foley and Foley match now, this sounds amazing.

The fact that there are so many HHH's in here in kinda crazy, but hey, they seem to be doing pretty well with the roster.

@ajamafalous: Yeah, one of the Edge's looked much much younger than the other, from what I saw. There's definitely a fairly big difference in appearances. I do wonder if everyone will have their appropriate music, though.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -
@Milkman
Tyson Kidd is not in WWE 13. 

There are 3 versions of Triple H in WWE 13.  

Fuck you.
What? For real? That is messed up! Fuck this game then.
#33 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

No vampire Edge & Christian, no Dudleys, No Hardys, but they managed to get two Litas. Thanks!

#34 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@boocreepyfootdoctor

No vampire Edge & Christian, no Dudleys, No Hardys, but they managed to get two Litas. Thanks!

Dudley's are in TNA, Jeff Hardy is in TNA, and Matt Hardy turned into a fat lard who burnt every bridge.
#35 Posted by DasUberOgre (59 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Unless the wrestler actually went by multiple names like Cactus Jack and Dude Love then they really ought not be a separate character, but a separate costume instead. My solution for you is to invent a time travelling plot device when playing this game, because they probably will not have fixed anything.

The PR line they are putting out is that the different versions of the wrestlers have different movesets to match the wrestlers at the time. I.E Attitude Era Y2J has the Walls of Jericho and the Lionsault as a finisher instead of The Codebreaker and the Liontamer like he does now.

But we'll see. I'm just happy that I can actually remake a Nation of Domination without having to import the song in.

#36 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@theedangle: I want to marry this comment!

#37 Posted by WMoyer83 (636 posts) -

I wonder if Supercuts corporate sellout version of Triple H will be dlc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.