Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

So, how about those near falls?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By donchipotle

I realize this may fall on deaf ears since I don't think there is a huge WWE game base on GiantBomb but oh well. So I am a fan of the yearly WWE game largely because I like making my own dudes and playing Universe mode with them. But in playing WWE '13's Universe Mode pretty much exclusively I have noticed something very very wrong with the game. In a real match there will be a lot of two counts with the superstar (ugh) kicking out right before the three. It makes for exciting stuff. Most of the time. It does add to the match, especially in those long title matches at a PPV.

Those near falls are absent in WWE '13.

And by that I mean there are never any two counts ever. EVER. For some reason, in WWE '13 there are only 1 counts and 3 counts. On any difficulty, on any match experience setting you will never have a near fall. I have played several matches where I have hit the finisher and gone for the pin. Instant kickout at one, even after multiple finishers. It makes everyone seem like they are virtually no-selling the fuck out of everyhing because they kick out instantly. On the opposite end, if they don't kick out at one you know you will win the match because no one, and I mean NO ONE in the game ever kicks out at a two count.

This is a problem because it essentially makes the matches less exciting. I end most of my matches via submission now because it is less frustrating than having the A.I. instantly kick out after getting hit with what should be a match ending move. If this is a design decision, it is a fucking awful one.

I haven't touched the Attitude Era stuff so maybe this is a problem limited to Universe Mode. But still, it is something that should be fixed, if only for an increased sense of 'realism'. That's what these games are about, right?

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Troispoint

I'd argue near falls happens much more organically in the game than in the show. Because near falls are just over used on TV while in this when it happens, it was truly that close to be over. And for the no-selling part, I that agree with. I wish guys wouldnt go back up so quickly and look so unaffected after a finisher for example. The only time wrestlers will ever sell anything is if 1 of their body parts is at ''critical'' damage.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By azteris

I also recommend just turning the difficulty up. I played through the Attitude Era stuff on Normal, and the only challenging part was having to a hit a few things within the time limit. However, when I put it on Legend to try and get a few trophies, I was getting near falls much more frequently.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Azteris said:

I also recommend just turning the difficulty up. I played through the Attitude Era stuff on Normal, and the only challenging part was having to a hit a few things within the time limit. However, when I put it on Legend to try and get a few trophies, I was getting near falls much more frequently.

This. Match Experience on Epic while difficulty on Legend has made for some nail-biter matches.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

Yup. I've hardly ever seen a two count. I dont think the CPU is nearly as aggressive with pins and specials as they should be too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.