Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

There is a Kurt Angle shaped hole in this game.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By serpentenema

One of the biggest bummers for me in this game was the lack of Kurt Angle. Being able to suplex Shane McMahon through the king of the ring glass as one of the attitude moments would have been the shit. Its a darn shame that his TNA contract kept him from being in it.

Avatar image for themightyskullboy
    TheMightySkullboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheMightySkullboy

I don't disagree, but there's always next year.

I've been wondering how they can follow this up. I don't think I'd be as into it if they just go back to the standard "Road to Wrestlemania" mode where they just recreate a storyline from the past year. It's better when they can reach into the archives for the stuff that's stood the test of time and people actually remember.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SeanFoster

If it had Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit in it, I think it'd have the perfect roster for me and the wrestlers I like.

...Yeah, I get why Benoit isn't in it but still...

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By deerokus

There are some good Angle CAWs to download at least - his moveset and even his entrance are all in the game.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By mcmax3000

@TheMightySkullboy said:

I don't disagree, but there's always next year.

I've been wondering how they can follow this up. I don't think I'd be as into it if they just go back to the standard "Road to Wrestlemania" mode where they just recreate a storyline from the past year. It's better when they can reach into the archives for the stuff that's stood the test of time and people actually remember.

I get what you're saying, but I personally have zero interest in them going back to the 'recreate past storylines' thing next year. It was fine as a one time gimmick, but even as someone who watched through the Attitude era, and has fond memories of it, by the end of Attitude Era mode, I was getting really bored with it. I felt the same way when playing Legends of Wrestlemania a few years ago.

The 'recreate this moment from this famous match by dragging the other guy to this specific spot, pressing a button, and watching a cut scene thing isn't very exciting after a few matches. I want cool things to happen naturally in the course of playing a match, while I have control of the action, not wrestling for a bit, then watching a pre-rendered cut scene.

I'd rather see them work on making Road to Wrestlemania, or something similar, be a better mode, with original storylines (hell, they were touting that Paul Heyman wrote some stuff for Universe in WWE '13... Get him to write out a huge Road to Wrestlemania style mode. I'd buy the game to see that for sure) than just going back & recreating stuff from the past, especially since they could probably sustain this for one, or two more versions (late 80s/early 90s, and early 00s are the only two other 'eras' I can see them being able to do something like this with), then they'll be out of things to go back to.

jackgb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jackgb

I imagine that the enforced absence of Kurt Angle, the Hardy Boyz, the Dudley Boys, and Chris Benoit is a large part of why the Attitude Era mode in the game ends so early, even though it's commonly accepted that the Attitude Era didn't end until 2001. Many of the biggest moments from late 99-early 2001 featured some combination of those wrestlers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.