Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

TIME ROCK - The Official Thread of The Story

• 55 results
    KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By KaneRobot
    No Caption Provided

Not sure how many people are actually messing with the story editor, but I hope to see more sequels and spinoffs (if you post yours, put Giant Bomb in the keywords so we can find 'em easily).

I have just uploaded my follow-up story to the highly regarded TIME ROCK. Fan fiction, if you will. It ain't on the level of "Ghost Problems," but few things are.

TIME ROCK II: REQUIEM

Picks up on Raw right after The Rock was killed by a car driven by Triple H...or was it?This unofficial sequel Includes Rocks everywhere, Thug Detective John Cena, and Magic Vader Cops!

Oh...and it's the 360 version, sorry if you're Wii/PS3. And I wouldn't complain if you rated it so I can get that achivement.

UPDATE: You can view both TIME ROCK & TIME ROCK II: REQUIEM on the archive of the 11/8/12 TNT. Time Rock leads the show off, with Time Rock II around the 37 minute mark.

UPDATE 2: I've listed a few more Giant Bomb community created ones below for your viewing pleasure. Keep 'em coming.

Here are some overviews for those unable to actually view them. I highly recommend viewing them if possible, as you don't get the wacky camera angles or sound effects just reading this nonsense.

THE STORYLINE...

Time Rock - by Jeff Gerstmann & Vinny Caravella

The Rock finds a briefcase backstage - originally thinking it is money, he is thrilled to find it is actually time travel!

Younger Triple H arrives in the back and finds Future Triple H unconscious. Things aren't good - Future Triple H was supposed to hand over the briefcase to him!

The Rock is walking through the backstage area, satisifed with himself for cookin' some time travel. A car then runs him down, leaving him in an unknown state. It is hinted that Younger Triple H is the culprit.

THE END?

UNOFFICIAL SEQUELS AND SPINOFFS...

Time Rock II: Requiem - by user KaneRobot (Xbox 360 - search keyword Giant Bomb)

The Rock, now in Wrestler Heaven after being killed by a car supposedly being driven by younger (but not youngest) Triple H, finds another briefcase in Heaven. A voice tells him it is a resurrection briefcase. He takes it, and is now Resurrected The Rock.

Younger John Cena finds current Cena laid out in the back unconscious, but he's just sleeping unconscious, not knocked out unconscious. He implores current Cena to get up because there are numerous time travelling, resurrected The Rocks popping up.

Cena confronts Resurrected The Rock, The Rock Prime, and Future The Rock in the ring, looking to stop this madness. Of course, this just results in a 4 second fight between all of them.

Resurrected The Rock sits down at the announcer's desk for an in-depth interview with Lawler, and reveals that this is all happening due to briefcases. Future The Rock then appears to a nice reaction from the crowd. Resurrected The Rock is happy to see him, but something is fishy with Future The Rock.

Resurrected The Rock is happily walking through the backstage area, when he is HIT BY A CAR AND KILLED! AGAIN! A mystery voice taunts him, and then just flat out gives away that he's actually Future The Rock, and last time he was just wearing a 1999 Triple H outfit.

Vince McMahon stands in center ring and announces that Future The Rock is UNDER ARREST for the murder of Resurrected The Rock. Future The Rock comes out to protest but Vince calls for the police to come and take him away! "Hail to the Chief" blares over the PA as super cops VADER & MAGIC VADER II handcuff him. Future The Rock is led away, knowing he will die in prison...

...a dead-eyed Vince McMahon then quietly reveals that all the timestream anomalies are slowly erasing him from existence.

EPILOGUE:

Younger John Cena, satisfied that he has solved this case, prepares to leave the arena when his car explodes! He blames the president.

THE END?

THAT'S RACIST - by user boocreepyfootdoctor (PS3)

CM Punk gets into a bit of literal Latino heat after some off collar comments are interpreted as hate speech. After his Royal Rumble turns into Birmingham '63, Punk hears a shocking revelation from a man named Time Rock that could change the course of history, both wrestling and human.

Time Rock II: Revelation by userGentlemanlyGentleman (PS3)

(no synopsis available yet)

Time Rock Gaiden - by user KaneRobot, with a contribution from user Serpentenema (Xbox 360 - search keyword Giant Bomb)

We begin an episode of Raw with the world in chaos - Vader singlehandedly walked into the White House and overthrew the president, taking his place. He explains, while addressing the people, that he did this due to a) The former president blowing up John Cena's car, and b) All the time traveling The Rocks running around. He then reveals a plan to rescue Mr. McMahon, who was erased from reality due to all the time traveling and resurrection going on lately. He has assembled a team of Time Repairmen to bring Mr. McMahon back.

In the back, Time Repairmen Mark Henry & Future Mark Henry discuss how excited they are that their time repairman business is finally getting off the ground. They briefly wonder if the fact that they are the same person will just make things worse with the timestream, but dismiss the idea...

...Time Traveling Thug Detective John Cena listens on outside their room, utterly heartbroken that President Vader didn't task HIM with bringing Mr. McMahon back.

Meanwhile, trapped in chronal entropy, Mr. McMahon is enjoying beating up some random security guards. He loves it there!

President Vader walks through the back, talking to his wife Nancy. She is worried something could go wrong with bringing back the Time Repairmen, but Vader assures her nothing can go wrong as long as his TIME MOBILE is in perfect working condition. A monster truck then just so happens to crush the TIME MOBILE into oblivion. The President is thankfully unharmed.

Mark Henry & Future Mark Henry locate Mr. McMahon in the chronal entropy. They inform him that President Vader has tasked them with bringing him back...but McMahon refuses. He then reveals he sent a third version of Mark Henry ("Sexual Chocolate") into the timestream to crush the TIME MOBILE that would have allowed them to return. They will be in chronal entropy forever! Future Mark Henry is a bit dismayed by this - "That's messed up man - I have kids back home." We get an extreme closeup of Vince McMahon's nostrils as Wrestlemania goes off the air.

EPILOGUE:

A familiar looking fellow in a bright pink shirt emblazoned with the words "CHINA DON'T CARE" stumbles upon a briefcase in the parking lot area.

THE END? (Yes)

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By serpentenema

What if there are TWO of the Worlds Strongest Man Mark Henry? Will they avenge their former Nation of Domination leader?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero

I really want to see this stuff. Maybe if some of these are good could do a livestream or a QL follow up showing them for us people that wont be buying the game =)

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaneRobot

@Serpentenema said:

What will happen when there is TWO of the Worlds Strongest Men Mark Henrys?

WHAT??? There can't be! "World's STRONGEST Man" implies that there is only ONE!! This could be the end!!

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By serpentenema

@KaneRobot: "BAWH GAWD, MARK HENRY THE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN JUST SUPERPLEXED MARK HENRY THE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN. THEY FUSE INTO ONE BEING!"

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By labman

@Atramentous said:

I really want to see this stuff. Maybe if some of these are good could do a livestream or a QL follow up showing them for us people that wont be buying the game =)

THIS!!

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By mcmax3000

I'm seriously considering checking out the story editor this weekend, and trying to come up with a continuation of my own. Time Rock could end up being the greatest thing to ever come out of a WWE Video Game.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By tescovee

@Labman said:

@Atramentous said:

THIS!!

+1 would be so good, But reaction to the stuff is what really makes it

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE

I have to get this game just so I can make a Time Rock/Ghost Problems crossover. With the Rock played by Mankind. And the car played by Goldust. And the ghosts played by no less than seven Rikishis.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaneRobot

Someone in the comments of the QL said they should do all their GOTY list video stuff using story mode editor. This idea pleases me, since it's going to be hard to top last year's stuff if they go FMV-style again.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Labman said:

@Atramentous said:

THIS!!

How bout a competition, PRIZES of SWAG they got lying around.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SamStrife

I love this community.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By RipTheVeins

@KaneRobot said:

Someone in the comments of the QL said they should do all their GOTY list video stuff using story mode editor. This idea pleases me, since it's going to be hard to top last year's stuff if they go FMV-style again.

That is possibly the best idea ever.

And as far as Time Rock goes, once the two Triple Hs finally corner the two Rocks for the briefcase, the two Rocks should try using the briefcase at the same time only to end up back in the attitude era. Then, they show up as one horribly disfigured caw, like the fly, and then slowly revert back to a normal looking humanoid blob and reveal... that's how Mike Tyson was born. (Or Godfather is a good substitute if the creator didn't pre-order)

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#14  Edited By joey

@Serpentenema said:

@KaneRobot: "BAWH GAWD, MARK HENRY THE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN JUST SUPERPLEXED MARK HENRY THE WORLDS STRONGEST MAN. THEY FUSE INTO ONE BEING!"

COLLUSION!

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaneRobot

Added a synopsis of Time Rock II to the original post. Don't leave me hanging here guys, I know plenty of you can do better. Will add them to the OP if any are posted.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

What if The Rock and Triple H's hair wrestle for TNA now.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KaneRobot

@I_Stay_Puft said:

I like your style, but is the hair in a briefcase?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

@KaneRobot said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

The '98 Rock recovers from being hit by the car, and goes back in time and steals Hunter Hearst Helmsley's hair. A hairless Triple H of the present has to battle through time to get his hair back, but present day The Rock does everything he can to stop him. It culminates in a tag team match between old Rock, new Rock, Triple H and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Multiple endings of course.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@MikkaQ said:

@KaneRobot said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

The '98 Rock recovers from being hit by the car, and goes back in time and steals Hunter Hearst Helmsley's hair. A hairless Triple H of the present has to battle through time to get his hair back, but present day The Rock does everything he can to stop him. It culminates in a tag team match between old Rock, new Rock, Triple H and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Multiple endings of course.

...And then Macho Man Randy Savage reveals he's alive and well. He snaps into a slim Jim and then wrestles Rock and Triple H's hair in a 2 on 1 TLC match.

SargeMcD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By SargeMcD

This does need to be recorded somehow. All of the spin-offs, sequels, pre-quels and remakes.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

@I_Stay_Puft said:

@MikkaQ said:

@KaneRobot said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

...And then Macho Man Randy Savage reveals he's alive and well. He snaps into a slim Jim and then wrestles Rock and Triple H's hair in a 2 on 1 TLC match.

Shit I'd watch that.

Just popped in WWE 12 for the story editor and gave up when I couldn't find an option for a standard wrestler entrance. It's too bad, cause a lot of the content seems identical to 13 and if I can't find a good entrance I'm pretty bummed out about the whole process.

GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GideonAmos

I love how you put spoiler warning on the story.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I love this dark middle chapter of the TIME ROCK story. Somebody needs to make a video of this soon.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#24  Edited By jeffrud

I'm really thinking of putting something together in Ren'Py in December.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By topsteer

Oh my god that Time Rock II: Requiem story is amazing, well done . I haven't played a wrestling game probably since the early PS2 games but I really want to get this now.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By super2j

just put it all on youtube and link to it in the forums, get a mod to put it in the side thing on the main page for awesome things. i dont have a 360 but i dont want to miss out on this.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By vaiz

This is the best wrestling storyline in years.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Does WWE 13' have an upload to youtube feature?

DanK_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DanK_

As a PS3 WWE '13 user, I demand these videos be put on youtube. DEMAND.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By serpentenema

@Morbid_Coffee: The Rock's death is the dark middle chapter.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KaneRobot

My video capture abilities are unfortunately pretty limited at the moment. If someone wants to start capturing these (including the first one) I'll gladly put them in the first post.

Just thought of something - at least in theory, my Youtube channel should be reasonably visible to people who are fans of ridiculous wrestling stuff - the Iron Sheik video I uploaded has well over a million views (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-wEUCCvE0). It may be the perfect home for a Time Rock Anthology. Or we could just do a standalone Time Rock Anthology channel - either way.

So, if someone is willing and has the time and ability to play & record these, we can set something up.

Also, Jeff mentioned both the Time Rock AND Ghost Problems sequels on Twitter. I may do one more episode at some point in the coming week or two, but I'd like to not get BURNED OUT ON TIME ROCK IDEAS and hope other people can contribute. Let's keep it rollin'.

@GideonAmos said:

I love how you put spoiler warning on the story.

It was mostly due to length (that is, if other people start doing these as well), but yeah, I enjoy the thought that it is far too important to leave out there for people to accidentally read.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaneRobot

Awesome - the TNT archive from tonight's show will have both Time Rock & Time Rock II. For those without a 360 & those who missed TNT, it's on the twitch.tv replay stream right now, Time Rock at about the 2 minute mark, Time Rock II at the 37 minute mark. Higher quality premium replay should hopefully be up soon for paid members.

I have begun work on TIME ROCK GAIDEN, which will be the last one for me. So far so good, but if it winds up being something where I'm "trying too hard" I'll probably scrap it and try something else. Still want to see other people's stuff though.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By rachelepithet

My spinoff THAT'S RACIST is up on PS3. Hope you enjoy.

linkinpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By linkinpark

i do play this game soon .........

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I love how the latest WWE iterations are completely conscious of the contrivances in their storylines and implemented them in a way for people to make their own ridiculous storylines. This is probably the culmination of this twisted nostalgia of wrestling enabled by these kinds of games, I cannot see any more fun to be had from running over Jim RossRyan Davis '98-99 The Rock with a Lincoln Towncar and spending a whole season to figure out it was actually The Future Rock.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the inevitable continuation of these stories and potentially the WWE video game franchise's next iteration, even though it probably won't be this "good" again.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Arebuckle

I tried my hand at a sequel to Time Rock. Started it shortly after the Quick Look went up, but I only finished it recently. I don't think it has a hope in hell of topping the original or this TR2. But I had fun making it and that's all that matters to me.

Time Rock II : Revelation is showing exclusively on the Playstation Network!

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaneRobot

@GentlemanlyGentleman said:

I tried my hand at a sequel to Time Rock. Started it shortly after the Quick Look went up, but I only finished it recently. I don't think it has a hope in hell of topping the original or this TR2. But I had fun making it and that's all that matters to me.

Time Rock II : Revelation is showing exclusively on the Playstation Network!

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

My spinoff THAT'S RACIST is up on PS3. Hope you enjoy.

Man I wish I could check those PS3 ones out - I'll add both of the ones mentioned above to the original post - if you'd like me to throw in a synopsis, PM me and I'll add it.

They really need a Youtube upload option or something in these games.

I just finished Time Rock Gaiden, going to review it and let it sit for a couple of hours, if I don't change my mind on anything I'll upload it tonight.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KaneRobot

Well, the game detects "president" as an offensive word, so that kind of throws a wrench into my storyline surrounding President Vader. Having it show up as "Presiden t Vader" every time is kind of annoying, but definitely better than the alternative of "******** Vader."

REGARDLESS - "Time Rock Gaiden" is now up for download in the Community Creations section of WWE '13 for the 360. I have added a synopsis to the first post of this thread for those unable to view it. This really is a "Gaiden," as The Rock doesn't appear anywhere this time around.

This'll be my final Time Rock fanfic. I HAVE SAID ALL I HAVE TO SAY ON THE SUBJECT OF TIME ROCK. May give something else a shot though. Hopefully other people keep it going.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
    deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That stuff makes me want to watch wrestling again.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By MooseyMcMan

This stuff is great and all, but there should really be YouTube videos of this stuff, and in this thread. Reading about these stories doesn't give the full appeal, and I don't have the game to watch them there.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I have no interest in actually playing the wrestling portions of the game, but I'm still tempted to buy it just so I can get in on some story editing fun!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheHT

@KaneRobot said:

YES YES YES YES

god, that'd be fuckin amazing. they gotta voice the dialogue though, otherwise it could get old real fast. maybe add their own music. i'm thinking looping car run downs with "party hard" making my ears bleed pure joy.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaneRobot

Ouch. Zero downloads for Time Rock Gaiden. I'm trying to come up with a movie sequel anology, but I can't remember a movie where zero people went to see it. Santa With Muscles, maybe.

THE DREAM IS OVER.

Oh well. Here's to next year's game having an improved story editor. And maybe better gameplay, but really...I can ignore the gameplay. Give us more car-based shenanigans.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By rachelepithet

That's Racist synopsis: CM Punk gets into a bit of literal Latino heat after some off collar comments are interpreted as hate speech. After his Royal Rumble turns into Birmingham '63, Punk hears a shocking revelation from a man named Time Rock that could change the course of history, both wrestling and human.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KaneRobot

Added to OP. Thanks!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cmblasko

Yeah, if someone with the game can start YouTubing these videos, this thread could get a lot more activity going on. I missed Ghost Problems More during the TNT and have been anxious to see it ever since.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By toowalrus

@KaneRobot: So, I'm around this site a lot, but I've got no idea what all this "Time Rock" business is all about... Care to fill me in?

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EquitasInvictus
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toowalrus

@EquitasInvictus: Ha... I just watched them look through the roster for what seemed like forever then shut it off. I'll check it out.

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@cmblasko said:

Yeah, if someone with the game can start YouTubing these videos, this thread could get a lot more activity going on. I missed Ghost Problems More during the TNT and have been anxious to see it ever since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.