Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K14

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

WWE 2K14 is the first WWE game to be published by 2K Games.

So who here gives a damn about this?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

Man, every fucking year. Every fucking year around October a New WWE game hits and I stupidly get the urge to buy it even though every year I vow NOT to get it.

So, anyone here actually getting this or actually paid attention to what's new in this? I know the roster is goddamn incredible this time around which is one of the things that is really catching my eye. Fucking Scott Hall is in a WWE video game again and Im way too pumped about that.

ALEX! When's your WWE stuff going up cause I need to know what is going on with this game this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Anyone who watches VGCW is interested in the differences.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am, help me getting pumped for going to Wrestlemania next year!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By musubi

I tell ya what the thing that really killed '13 for me was the 2 count glitch. Completely removed tension from the pinfalls.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, I can't wait to see what this game will do for VGCW.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Perhaps "gives a damn" is too strong, but I'm certainly interested in seeing what the WrestleMania mode has to offer since that Attitude Era mode from last year's game was pretty excellent. Though I'm not gonna lie, a lot of that is because I'm perversely curious about how they're going to handle Lesnar vs. Goldberg from WMXX and if they'll accurately represent how much the crowd hated everyone in that ring not named Steve Austin.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InternetDotCom

I want to play Wrestlemania mode because Attitude Mode was well done last year, so I'll likely just rent it or something.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I want to wait until next year to see if there are any bigger changes. This was already half way finished when 2K took over. There are already a bunch of changes that they always said "We can't do that! It's impossible on the engine". So I feel like the next game could be improved quite a bit.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@krullban said:

I feel like I want to wait until next year to see if there are any bigger changes. This was already half way finished when 2K took over. There are already a bunch of changes that they always said "We can't do that! It's impossible on the engine". So I feel like the next game could be improved quite a bit.

I'm with you. I'm hoping that there will be a massive overhaul for the series debut on the PS4/X1 that at the very least would pick up out of curiosity. I don't really know what sort of changes would be exciting too me, but I'd like to believe that 2K will want more from it than just a fresh coat of paint

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I know I'll wind up picking it up when it hits the $35 point or so. I keep telling myself no more WWE games, but goddamn it, that roster is amazing.

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to get wwe 2k14, the roster of wrestlers is amazing and the presentation looks good. Yukes did get help from visual concepts so Im expecting it to be better then the previous entries in the series.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: I know right? Bruno Sammartino! Yokozuna! NWO Randy Savage!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@demoskinos: Last year, I was pissed that a good portion of the user-created CAW stuff was restricted based on if you had the season pass. I'm still going to be pissy about that this year if they keep doing it, but at least this year's season pass looks like it's actuallly reallly decent.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse said:

This, I can't wait to see what this game will do for VGCW.

I too am interested in VGCW changes!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icicle7x3: @brodehouse: @flstyle: Man, trying to get all the characters re-created and the roster and everything set up would be an absolute nightmare for something like that.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
    ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly really excited for this game. That's mostly do to the fact that I'm a sheep when it comes to the WWE games, but I don't know, there's some stuff that I think looks really cool. That 30 years of Wrestlemania mode is a cool idea and I'm glad they're using the same format for that mode that they used for Attitude Era mode last year.

The roster is pretty good, in my opinion. People were made about guys like The Usos not making it, but I honestly don't care. Most of the guys that didn't make it are guys I really wouldn't have used anyway. The only guys I'm bummed didn't make it were Big E Langston and Fandango and they'll be DLC in a few months so it's all good.

They finally added the one thing I wanted in Universe mode which is the ability to create your own rivalries. I understood what they were trying to do in previous years in terms of just letting storyline play out, but it sucked that if you tried to make your own rivalry, you didn't get any cutscenes. This way, if you want to let shit play out, you can and if you want to be a booker, that's alright too. Also, KotR being a PPV type is awesome.

Overall, it's exactly what I want out of a WWE game. Hopefully they've fixed the shit that was broken last year like the 2 count glitch. It's also just getting me excited for what might come for the next generation of consoles. I'm assuming a few of the people who watch VGCW want it to be a complete broken mess and 2K14 will probably be one as far as the storyline creator and actual matches, but I honestly just want a polished wrestling game.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am hyped up for this game, it looks like they have made some improvements to it.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By cloudymusic

I'm interested insofar as it might lead to another amazing Quick Look.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Less this; more WWE All Stars.

Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate myself for being interested in it but it has exactly what I want. Classic wrestlers with a nice focus on nWo guys. In fact this is the first time I wont have to use all the slots (100 slots in this one) because just about everyone I would have downloaded is represented, except Sting and DDP. Every year the first four people I download are Hollywood Hogan, Nash, Hall and Goldberg. I'm clearly stuck in a certain era.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By hockeymask27

sadly me I somehow always find enjoyment out of it. Not saying im right just saying I do.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I really like wrestling video games, but the fact that they went with the same developer on the same engine kind of killed my interest in this one. I was hoping for a little freshness in these games after THQ collapsed, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'm super interested in the changes to the VGCW scene. Esports you guys.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Every goddamn year I tell myself "this time things will be different," and every goddamn year the honeymoon lasts a shorter and shorter time period. But. This time, I think things really will be different. The roster is amazing, the season pass looks amazing, the suite of new creation options are amazing, the vastly improved Universe mode looks amazing. Just, everything, ev-er-y-thing looks goddamn amazing.

Now if they just announced the 1993-1996 Monday Night Raw arena complete with awesome, synthy theme music I would go out and by the most expensive version there is.

EDIT:

Loading Video...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

FINALLY CLASSIC UNDERTAKER. GODDAMN IT.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm torn on getting this game. On the one hand, I want to try my hand at making custom characters. On the other hand, I don't think my heart could take it when my Sam/Lonnie (from Gone Home) tag team inevitably gets rejected from WVGCW.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man,now Im thinking of a Giantbomb themed story in story mode and Im starting to inch to buying this. DAMMIT.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam1808 said:

That joke doesn't really work for VGCW, it's not a gaming competition, it's a wrestling show.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,after reading reviews I think Im in on this. It genuinely seems cool this year. Im getting it in PS3. Anyone else picking it up on PS3? I might be down for some matches with someone. I hate playing with randoms online. Also since I found out you can have a entire show in Universe all female Im thinking I need to make the entire cast of Rumble Roses and make a custom show around them.

Getting excited! Hopefully my goddamn persistence buying this every year will pay off with this one actually being hood.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@flstyle said:

@adam1808 said:

That joke doesn't really work for VGCW, it's not a gaming competition, it's a wrestling show.

It's Esports Entertainment.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stop playing wrestling games years ago. I used to be a huge fan of wrestling, but as the years went on it stopped being interesting.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darji

@demoskinos said:

So,after reading reviews I think Im in on this. It genuinely seems cool this year. Im getting it in PS3. Anyone else picking it up on PS3? I might be down for some matches with someone. I hate playing with randoms online. Also since I found out you can have a entire show in Universe all female Im thinking I need to make the entire cast of Rumble Roses and make a custom show around them.

Getting excited! Hopefully my goddamn persistence buying this every year will pay off with this one actually being hood.

I watched some twitch newlegacyinc stuff and it looks really fun. But 60$ or in my case 60 Euro is a lot of money for such a game at the end of the year. So I guess I will pass. The real test however will be next year or better the next next gen game from 2k. Normally. If it would only come close to the quality of an NBA that would be really really cool.

But man I really want a cool story mode again with takes you over the course of a year like in here comes the pain etc,...

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

To be honest, what I've seen of the game as made me decide not to pick up the game this year. The Wrestlemania stuff is neat but the gameplay seems absolutely identical and that's it. Might as well wait and see what they do next-gen.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#37  Edited By Humanity

I never have and I never will give a damn about anything even remotely wrestling related, much less wrestling itself.

Avatar image for spiderjerusalem
    SpiderJerusalem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SpiderJerusalem

@humanity:

Just out of curiosity...how did you end up in this particular part of the forums?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@humanity:

Just out of curiosity...how did you end up in this particular part of the forums?

I click on the Forums button which actually shows all current threads from the various subforums - it was a slow time for posting and not a lot of new stuff was popping up; this particular thread posed a question so I decided to reply. No offense to any wrestling fans out there, if this sort of stuff is enjoyable for you then awesome.

MaxMikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MaxMikado

To be honest, what I've seen of the game as made me decide not to pick up the game this year. The Wrestlemania stuff is neat but the gameplay seems absolutely identical and that's it. Might as well wait and see what they do next-gen.

I shared many of the same concerns. However, after a week of play, much of the improvements were worth the $60 to me -- again, that's just me.

Many of the refinements are subtle. The gameplay mechanics, while near-identical to the past three years, are tweaked to where the flow of matches are much better-paced, the reversals are more varied, and selling is much more realistic. The enemy AI is more aggressive than in years past and will attempt pinfalls early, rather than the conservative, brainless approach that hampered last year's title. Arguably, matches almost mirror the real-life product if played with enough skill.

Admittedly, there are still many flaws. The timing of reversals feels unfairly skewed in favor of your opponent when played on higher difficulties, and Universe Mode's weekly booking logic for designated rivalry matches is laughably vanilla. And again, the engine is largely recycled and will not win over any critics of the previous two editions.

That said, for someone like yourself, this may be worth a rental.

The 30 Years of WrestleMania mode is surprisingly fun to play, with the historical objectives never handcuffing your progress or ability to enjoy the nostalgia. This single-player campaign, alone, makes it worth a weekend rental. Despite its premise being similar to last year's Attitude Era mode, the biggest difference is in the scripting of events and the integration of true-to-life elements to immerse you in the proceedings. I have a few small gripes, but for the most part, attires, entrances, and cutscenes are accurate for each respective match.

Moreover, I love how each wrestler "feels" different. Rather than choose an arbitrary character, it matters who you select in Exhibition matches based on your style of play and familiarity with their moveset. I can't describe it; you'd have to experience it for yourself.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico said:

I shared many of the same concerns. However, after a week of play, much of the improvements were worth the $60 to me -- again, that's just me.

Many of the refinements are subtle. The gameplay mechanics, while near-identical to the past three years, are tweaked to where the flow of matches are much better-paced, the reversals are more varied, and selling is much more realistic. The enemy AI is more aggressive than in years past and will attempt pinfalls early, rather than the conservative, brainless approach that hampered last year's title. Arguably, matches almost mirror the real-life product if played with enough skill.

Admittedly, there are still many flaws. The timing of reversals feels unfairly skewed in favor of your opponent when played on higher difficulties, and Universe Mode's weekly booking logic for designated rivalry matches is laughably vanilla. And again, the engine is largely recycled and will not win over any critics of the previous two editions.

That said, for someone like yourself, this may be worth a rental.

The 30 Years of WrestleMania mode is surprisingly fun to play, with the historical objectives never handcuffing your progress or ability to enjoy the nostalgia. This single-player campaign, alone, makes it worth a weekend rental. Despite its premise being similar to last year's Attitude Era mode, the biggest difference is in the scripting of events and the integration of true-to-life elements to immerse you in the proceedings. I have a few small gripes, but for the most part, attires, entrances, and cutscenes are accurate for each respective match.

Moreover, I love how each wrestler "feels" different. Rather than choose an arbitrary character, it matters who you select in Exhibition matches based on your style of play and familiarity with their moveset. I can't describe it; you'd have to experience it for yourself.

Yeah, if anything the AI tweaks are great. They WILL hit finishers and they will go for covers after big spots there is the occasional hiccup where the AI freaks out a little bit but its much improved over previous years.

sudbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sudbuster

I ended up picking this up yesterday. I haven't played a WWE game since I got kind of bored with Here Come the Pain on PS2. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm actually having fun with this so far. I like the reversal system, and the AI seems decent enough to be fun. I always thought recent WWE games made it look like it was hard to control the movement of your character, and while it can be bit all over the place sometimes, the controls generally feel good after a bit of time with the game. I'm really enjoying the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode and I'm looking forward to messing around with the creation tools. Hopefully this will be able to keep my interest for awhile.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had no plans on buying this... and then I bought it. I really like the changes to the AI, the game can feel legitimately tough at points, unlike WWE 13 which pretty much played itself. Other than that, it feels pretty identical, though the expanded roster for classic wrestlers is awesome. OOOOOH YEAAAAH! Though for some reason this was the game that made me realize how weird it is that they are completely silent in the ring or during all entrances. Dunno why that hit me this year, but it's super weird all of a sudden!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@mikkaq said:

I had no plans on buying this... and then I bought it. I really like the changes to the AI, the game can feel legitimately tough at points, unlike WWE 13 which pretty much played itself. Other than that, it feels pretty identical, though the expanded roster for classic wrestlers is awesome. OOOOOH YEAAAAH! Though for some reason this was the game that made me realize how weird it is that they are completely silent in the ring or during all entrances. Dunno why that hit me this year, but it's super weird all of a sudden!

That's probably because a good chunk of the roster can be heard in gameplay. You can hear Sheamus yelling "FELLAAAAAA!" for instance. The first time I heard that and CM Punk was silent during "it's clobbering time" really stuck out to me.

Mrj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone know if there will be a wwe 2k14 quick look??

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrj420: Looks doubtful. Jeff spent an afternoon creating a story and then the game ate it and he declared the quick look canceled.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kishinfoulux

@mrj420: Looks doubtful. Jeff spent an afternoon creating a story and then the game ate it and he declared the quick look canceled.

At least we got to see it during the live stream. Was pretttttttty amazing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: He actually was able to play the story. During the livestream for Extra Life they did a WWE2k14 bit.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: @kishinfoulux: Oh yeah? I only watched the first half or so. Do you remember whereabouts it happened?

there should be a chart in the extra life topic that has times for each segment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.