Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K15

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

WWE 2K15 is the first game in the franchise to appear on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

First time a WWE game will possibly miss its yearly release.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullban
    Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

It might not be a bad idea for it to skip a year after what happened last year with THQ etc. Give them some time to put some fresh ideas into it.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Optix12

Next Gen Triple H hair is that hard to render? why not just use bald corporate Hunter and ship it on schedule

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

they should take the time and make the game the best they can. This game needs to be the foundation for years to come and lets face it those games need a ton of work, they look like crap.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12 said:

Next Gen Triple H hair is that hard to render? why not just use bald corporate Hunter and ship it on schedule

do you want this game to get 1 star on purpose?

the longer they take the better. they really need to show everyone they have changed this year. any selling during mania season makes sense.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't crazy about 2K14, so I hope there are some big changes that justify this delay.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

On one hand sort of bummed on the other I want that game to capture my attention like some of the older smack down games USED to be able to do. Also,factoring in stuff like Destiny and Dragon Age along with my crippling FFXIV addiction and well I'll be plenty busy.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope this means a complete overhaul of everything, especially the AI.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RazorRamen

The article states Visual Concepts is aiding in development, does anyone know if Yukes is still the main developer? I was hoping for a new developer.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The article states Visual Concepts is aiding in development, does anyone know if Yukes is still the main developer? I was hoping for a new developer.

I could be wrong, but I think they only brought back a couple of Yukes guys. I believe it's those guys developing and Visual Concepts telling them what to do.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Thank God it looks like they're actually going to be changing it up this time. Plus, it kind of makes more sense to put it out during WrestleMania season anyway.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I can't think of any franchise that could use a break more. If they took a couple years to really redesign these games from the ground up they could be pretty great.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Rapture has arrived.

No HHH hair =(

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

They need to put that extra time in development for the best hair tech in the business for Daniel Bryan's beard.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say this is fine, hope they show back up with strong new features

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Krullban

@turboman said:

Thank God it looks like they're actually going to be changing it up this time. Plus, it kind of makes more sense to put it out during WrestleMania season anyway.

I really hope they are changing things up and the only reason for the delay isn't because they want to change the release cycle to Wrestlemania season.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm happy to see that they're giving it some solid extra dev time. As someone that has recently jumped back into wrestling head first, I'm really looking forward to this release.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm going to assume that they needed to rebuild their Scooby Doo laser-dodging minigame after the Kinect-less SKU announcement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
    deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm OK with this. Yuke's got lazy as fuck after the release of Smackdown! vs. Raw 2011, so I'm hoping that they'll use this extra time to the fullest extent of their ability. (Mind you, all they need to do is add more scenarios to Story Designer. I wouldn't even buy the game, I'd just fist-pump at the prospect of more stuff for VGCW to work with)

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be cool if we got another good wrestling game in my lifetime. Let this be the one!

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First impression - good

I think a break could do wonders for the WWE series. The last regular WWE game I really enjoyed playing was WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain and that was released in 2003. Since then, the only other wrestling game that I really played a lot of was WWE All Stars.

Not all sports games, or in this case "Sports entertainment" games, should be on a yearly release schedule. The only thing that could be gained by a yearly release are slightly improved mechanics, graphics, and roster updates. Beside that, wrestling is wrestling and it really doesn't change all that much from year to year in the basic mechanics and possible ways to present the material. And, unlike Madden or FIFA, the fan base for a wrestling game, I would assume, is much smaller and not as able to support a yearly release schedule. Obviously, they do it because it sells, but I think it might help them to take a small break and make their next game that much better, hopefully, and make the audience not burn out on having to buy a new game every year. I know I am burned out on it. My husband still buys them, but he certainly doesn't play 14 as much as 13, and every year he has to debate with himself about whether he's going to purchase the new game or not.

So I think it's perfectly okay to have a break and may actually improve the final product.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By donchipotle

Is CM Punk on the roster

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Is CM Punk on the roster

Truly the question of our time

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 months and still not even a screenshot for the game, I think thats a sure sign its going to be the same exact song and dance that is has been.

I want to play a wrestling game, but I'd like to get a new one, not the one I bought years ago with slight changes. Also just throw in 30 wrestlers in the ring for the rumble, fuck any balance

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bad article is bad. Take-Two always uses fiscal years to frame releases, THQ did not. They are trying to apply what THQ used to with another business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.