triplexpac's WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009 (Xbox 360) review

Mediocre wrestling action

I'm a huge wrestling fan. Every year I hope for a great WWE game by THQ, and pretty much every year I am disappointed. The lowest point for me was WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008. That game was just awful, I could not play it longer than 20 minutes before I gave up on it forever. The controls sucked, the loading was unbearable, the announcing was terrible (as always), and they actually took out modes that I liked in previous games.

With that being said, Smackdown vs Raw 2009 improves on 2008. It's not an amazing wrestling game by any means, but it's tolerable. The graphics are nice, the controls are better than last year, but the loading is still way too long & frequent and the announcing is just as brutal as ever.

I am sure a younger WWE fan who hasn't played the classic No Mercy or Fire Pro games would love SD vs Raw 2009. If you grew up loving those older games though, this one is yet another lacking entry by THQ.

Other reviews for WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009 (Xbox 360)

Smackdown vs. Raw '09 is a VAST Improvement Over SVR '08 0

Pro Wrestling fans are a rare breed—a rabidly faithful, loyal and demanding bunch whose passion is, I believe, greater than any other “sports” fans on the planet. Yes, one could make plenty of jokes about sweaty men in tights beating on one another or snidely remarks that wrestling is fake but I’ll forgo that discussion because I too am one of the rabidly faithful fans of pro wrestling. Personally, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the men and women who go out night in and night out ...

Smackdown improves over 2008 in many ways and is very enjoyable 0

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 was a somewhat mediocore game that i had high hopes for and it kinda dissapointed me. SD vs Raw 2009 is a great improvement over last years attempt and it refines some of the faults last year and it adds in many great improvements.The games single player is quite versatile. Like in any Smackdown game you can play exhibition matches in which you choose a match and choose wrestlers to fight in that match, This is the quickest way to get into action. New this year is the Road ...