Not nearly as bad as Alex made it seem..

• 58 results
#51 Posted by gamb1t (992 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" The quick look was full of misinformation, and Alex struggling with the controls because he was constantly pressing the wrong buttons.   Press B to lean the ladder? Nah, I'm gonna try to lean it by pressing a completely different button, throwing it over the ropes. But that was totally the games fault. Struggling to put the ladder back into the ring? I'm just going to stand here proceeding to press the wrong button multiple times even though it clearly doesn't work!  Alex consistently tried picking up the ladder by kicking it, which once again is the complete wrong button. Alex sat there for like 30 seconds trying to hit both guys with a ladder even though he was clearly too far away for it to connect. Yet in the QL, he blamed the game for all of this stuff when it was him being stupid. Seriously... I like Alex... but come on. And of course there's the backstage brawl where he just sat there kicking and hitting with a fire extinguisher and said that's how they all go and you can't do anything else, all the while completely forgetting each backstage area has numerous environmental attacks, and numerous different weapon types. Sure it's not the best game in the world, but it sure as hell isn't as bad as Alex made it look, it's actually one of the best Smackdown games since "Here Comes the Pain" and his main point of why he doesn't like it being the gameplay is kind of flawed when he really doesn't even know how to play it, which is clear judging by that quick look. inb4 you're stoopid and wrestling is stoopid too! "
this made me burst out into laughter. thank you!
#52 Posted by supermike6 (3757 posts) -

Why the fuck do people keep bumping all these old threads for no reason? Leave old thread to die please, unless you have something really important to say about the topic, which this guy didn't.

#53 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" Why the fuck do people keep bumping all these old threads for no reason? Leave old thread to die please, unless you have something really important to say about the topic, which this guy didn't. "
There is a bug on the forums if I'm informed correctly that makes old posts appear in the recent forum activities. It hasn't happened to me though.
#54 Posted by StrikerTheLizard (326 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @StrikerTheLizard said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Here's how I see it: If Alex (who likes wrestling and wrestling games) can't figure out the controls, then that's a bad sign.   
Yes, that is a bad sign. It's a bad sign of Alex's inability to play the game right. "
So you agree that it's a poor indication of Alex's ability to play the game, and more of a fundamental issue with the game itself?  I don't actually care enough about the game to argue with you, and I have no idea why you would bump this thread. Just thought I'd make a smartass response. "
I don't know if it's really a bump with only a few threads here. But really, there is tutorial immediately after you bypass the start screen, which teaches you everything you need to know. All the ladder stuff and so on is explained by prompts. 
It's about as bad as pulling the LT instead of RT in an FPS and blaming it on the game. 

I don't really know, why the GB crew give the Smackdown games no chance at all, lately. Jeff even had fun in his Quick Look of last year's game which was a worse game than this year's.
#55 Posted by supermike6 (3757 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" @supermike6 said:
" Why the fuck do people keep bumping all these old threads for no reason? Leave old thread to die please, unless you have something really important to say about the topic, which this guy didn't. "
There is a bug on the forums if I'm informed correctly that makes old posts appear in the recent forum activities. It hasn't happened to me though. "
I am aware of that, but this (and all the threads I was talking about) are not because of that. There's clearly just one dude who posted something twenty minutes ago to revive this thread; there's always that one dude. 

Or are you saying that that dude is having this thread appear on his list because of the bug and that's why he's replying? Because that could make sense....
#56 Posted by Jack268 (3368 posts) -
@supermike6: Yeah that's what I was thinking.
#57 Posted by japachai (4 posts) -

Well, let's all hope this is addressed in the next iteration then.

#58 Posted by EuanDewar (5141 posts) -

Yes lets...?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.