Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWF No Mercy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 17, 2000

The sequel to WWF WrestleMania 2000 and often hailed as one of the greatest wrestling games ever.

Imagine if.....

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Heartagram

What if they brought this out on XBLA with online play ......

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

That would never ever ever happen but I would buy it in the first second of release if it did.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By OGCartman
    HandsomeDead said:
    "That would never ever ever happen but I would buy it in the first second of release if it did."
    Agreed.
    WWF No Mercy is plain and simple a phenomenal game, argueable the best wrestling game ever.
    I still have the N64 cartridge in my basement xP
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Sorry, but it ain't WCW/NWO Revenge!

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BigDo6

I have heard reports that they are bringing this game to Wii-Ware. Unfortunately, with updated rosters. Thoughts?

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidzombie

Well, there are wrestlers from No Mercy that have left and most likely WWE doesn't have the rights to them anymore, so editing them out does make sense. Updating with the current roster, that doesn't sound good. But I doubt No Mercy is going to released, but you never know.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Heartagram said:
    "What if they brought this out on XBLA with online play ......"
    Why stop at XBLA? It should also be out on the Wii and PS3 as well. Since the programmers are dead now and the Publisher THQ is in a position to sell off stuff to get more money.

BigDo6 said:
    "I have heard reports that they are bringing this game to Wii-Ware. Unfortunately, with updated rosters. Thoughts?"

kidzombie said:
    "Well, there are wrestlers from No Mercy that have left and most likely WWE doesn't have the rights to them anymore, so editing them out does make sense. Updating with the current roster, that doesn't sound good. But I doubt No Mercy is going to released, but you never know."
    More like trimmed down rosters.
    Not every move WWE uses now is in the CAW so they would have to do more actual programming for this to work out. I don't see this happening, since WWE like the NFL has a strict license agreement on the ammount of games THQ can make and everything. I doubt THQ would push a DLC game when it can always push out another crappy Smackdown game instead.
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By OGCartman
    StaticFalconar said:
    "Heartagram said:
    "What if they brought this out on XBLA with online play ......"
    Why stop at XBLA? It should also be out on the Wii and PS3 as well. Since the programmers are dead now and the Publisher THQ is in a position to sell off stuff to get more money.

"Well, there are wrestlers from No Mercy that have left and most likely WWE doesn't have the rights to them anymore, so editing them out does make sense. Updating with the current roster, that doesn't sound good. But I doubt No Mercy is going to released, but you never know."
    More like trimmed down rosters.
    Not every move WWE uses now is in the CAW so they would have to do more actual programming for this to work out. I don't see this happening, since WWE like the NFL has a strict license agreement on the ammount of games THQ can make and everything. I doubt THQ would push a DLC game when it can always push out another crappy Smackdown game instead."
    On the Wii, it would be, well, not as good imo.
    PS3, yup.
    That would be great! Let us dream.

Yah, it would be trimmed down. Alot of the great wrestlers wouldn't be on the card. But that if WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania can get the legends on the card, maybe a remake of this game could to. But you are right about the licensing things, but they could easily work around that one year.
    Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Generiko

1 million buys

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By bed

DIG DIGGITY DAWG

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy

Don't tempt me, man. I would kill to see a XBLA release of WWF No Mercy.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IBurningStar
    @Generiko said:
    1 million buys
    You are a powerful necromancer!

I do wish this game would get released on XBLA or PSN, because I'd buy thing thing in a heartbeat. You could charge $20 and I'd buy it. I'd prefer it to be more like 10, but would totally pay 20 if that was what they wanted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.