Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-COM

Franchise »

Defend the planet from an alien invasion as a part of the 'Extraterrestrial Combat Unit'.

Which X-COM games have you played?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll Which X-COM games have you played? (56 votes)

X-COM: UFO Defense 59%
    X-COM: Terror From the Deep 38%
    X-COM: Apocalypse 27%
    X-COM: Em@il Games 0%
    X-COM: Enforcer 18%
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown 93%
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified 36%
    XCOM: Enemy Within 61%

With the new X-COM coming at the end of the year, I'm interested to see what people's experience with the franchise is.

I'm finally (properly) playing through the original game for the first time and I'm starting to really get into it. It got me thinking just how decidedly user-unfriendly that game is compared to the 2012 game. It's the kind of thing where I imagine very few new fans going back to play the originals

• 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I've played them all except for whatever that Email thing is, going back to the original when it first came out on PC.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Just EU and EW.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the 3 first and the latest, but not the expansion. Oh and I played Enforcer too, but that is hardly an X-com game, if you count that in you should probably also add X-com: Interceptor.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Only Unknown and Within. I tried the first one, but I just couldn't really get into it.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've technically loaded and played all of them but I never put enough time into the Email one and Enforcer to count those.

TFTD was actually my first XCom game. I've played that sucker for 100s of hours. It's brutal but interesting. Starting with that one made all of the others a piece of cake.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I've played all the "real" games in some capacity plus the disastrous train wreck that is The Bureau.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GERALTITUDE

UFO Defense, Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within I played the hell out of.

Terror from the Deep and Enforcer I've loaded and putzed around with but not really played. Tried a little of Declassified (but not much).

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

the 3 first and the latest, but not the expansion. Oh and I played Enforcer too, but that is hardly an X-com game, if you count that in you should probably also add X-com: Interceptor.

Fart bucket, I thought I included that.

I guess that's the rule of poll creation: you will always accidentally forget one option >_<

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've beaten X-com, Terror from the Deep, Xcom, and Xcom Enemy Within. I got pretty far into Apocalypse but have never beaten it, also played Declassified it was a funish game. This is probably my favorite video game franchise. So hyped for Xcom 2!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.