Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-COM

Franchise »

Defend the planet from an alien invasion as a part of the 'Extraterrestrial Combat Unit'.

X-Com Fan? Try this

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jecrell
    http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/
    Right, UFO Alien Invasion is based on the X-com franchise but it's open source and multiplatform straight up and it's playable right now. I just started playing it around 15 minutes ago and it has the X-com feel but at the same time adds to the well known formula. For instance, now you have sniper rifles and flamethrowers, and can retry missions if you fail. So far I seem to be getting my butt kicked as I just started playing and I'm still figuring out exactly how to do everything.

The battlescape controls are mildly frustrating, but basically you use the numpad keys to rotate around. So far this seems very reminiscent of X-Com UFO Defense, and I plan to play this in more detail later.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

cool, im gonna check that out later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.