Did Silicon Knights forget to add textures to this game? Good god

• 100 results
#1 Posted by Metal_Mills (2989 posts) -

Just came across this video. What in the holy fuck is that? Those ground textures are on par with pre-popped in textures from Gears of War 1 or Halo 2. This is the 360 version. 

#2 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

lol some of the rubble looks like it was straight out ripped from an N64 game. Ryan said on I love Mondays that he had seen zero gameplay of this and now we know why. The character models arent that bad but man the environment is atrocious.

#3 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

It looks as shit on ps3

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

it's just a port of the DS version

#5 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

By the way is this supposed to be a budget game? It's starting at $28.75 on GameSpot's store.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

Oh my.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -

Clearly they're too busy working on Two Human to have put any effort into this.

#8 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

The three protagonists of this game are so… so… videogamey.

#9 Posted by BisonHero (6432 posts) -

Usually when I see someone ragging on the graphics in a game, I think they're just being an exaggerating asshole. But Jesus Christ, those are astonishingly low quality textures. Is it really that hard to just slap some straightforward concrete textures on the ground?

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

Oh boy.

#11 Posted by Slaker117 (4837 posts) -

Oh man. I'm not one to pick on a game just for the sake of it, but that seriously looks like an internal development build.

#12 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

"Things Look So Bad Everywhere..." 15 GS

Perfect achievement right there! It's like they realized it but then decided not to give a shit!

#13 Posted by CornBREDX (5096 posts) -

Can't say I am surprised. I don't mean to be mean to them but this developer doesn't make good games.

That being said I am much more intrigued, hopefully its funny bad and not boring bad like that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

We shall see.

#14 Posted by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -

Silicon Knights, making games for a world that fears and hates them.

#15 Posted by Commisar123 (1791 posts) -

Maybe the Xbox is just fucked? I find it hard to believe this wasn't noticed. Also why do the purifiers look so fucking stupid? Just take the designs from X-Force 2008

#16 Posted by MiniPato (2731 posts) -

There are more textures on their crappy logo than this game. (yes I am aware they changed their logo to a 2D one, but holy hell that 3D one was hideous)

#17 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

haha that achievement is PERFECT.

#18 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

Wow, I usually scoff when people say current gen games look like last gen games, but this has to be from a couple gens ago. This is a gen-o-saur.

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4390 posts) -

They should've just made another Too Human. hahaha, I'm just kidding

...they shouldn't be making games at all.

#20 Posted by rmanthorp (3911 posts) -

Gross.

I wish this game was good :<

#21 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

Yikes, so many extremely muddy textures.

#22 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

I used to have respect for Silicon Knights.

#23 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I've been playing it on PS3 and it looks just as bad there. It feels like a game that came out in 2006. Glad I rented it, if I paid full price I'd be pissed.

#24 Posted by Metal_Mills (2989 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
I've been playing it on PS3 and it looks just as bad there. It feels like a game that came out in 2006. Glad I rented it, if I paid full price I'd be pissed.
Those textures look way worse than a 2006 game.
#25 Posted by XenoNick (1400 posts) -

I uh...wow that looks bad.

#26 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

@RE_Player92 said:
Those textures look way worse than a 2006 game.

Agreed. Just awful.

#27 Edited by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

So they just ported the Wii version to 360 and PS3? 

I don't know what's worse in that video; the game itself or the creeper playing it trying hard not to notice how completely shitty it is.

#28 Posted by MisterMouse (3547 posts) -

I was at first like "It doesn't seem too bad" ... and then I looked at the ground. and magneto's cape, and every other large surface.

#29 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

Even after seeing the comments in this thread and being prepared for what I would see, I still instinctively thought it was pop-in. Until I realized that nothing was popping in...

Wow, that's terrible.

#30 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

I am playing Resident Evil 4 HD at the moment so I am clearly not affraid of muddy textures, but that just looks.... horrid.

#31 Posted by supermonkey122 (815 posts) -

Dreamcast game.

#32 Posted by IBurningStar (2162 posts) -

That is some N64 looking shit right there.

#33 Edited by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Silicon Knights must have forgotten that they actually had to work to make a video game.

#34 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

When I called it a gen-o-saur, I had to make one. So X-men Destiny is this. ^ Gen-O-Saur!!!!!!

#35 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

so this is a ps2 game right

#36 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5227 posts) -

@Valames said:

When I called it a gen-o-saur, I had to make one. So X-men Destiny is this. ^ Gen-O-Saur!!!!!!

i appreciate this.

Sucks about the game. I liked the concept. Now I just want to play Legends since I never played it before.

#37 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'll even feel horrible purchasing this for 10 bucks, my god.
I keep hoping for a new X-Men Legends.

#38 Posted by chw (101 posts) -

Pretty sure it's a bug.

#39 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

They should've just made another Too Human. hahaha, I'm just kidding

...they shouldn't be making games at all.

NO..... What they should have made was Eternal Darkness 2 but I'm not even gonna get into that.

#40 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Good lord, that does look like complete shit. That text that pops up in the middle of the environments doesn't help either. 

#41 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I'll even feel horrible purchasing this for 10 bucks, my god. I keep hoping for a new X-Men Legends.

Me and you both. I loved X-Men Legends.

#42 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

Silicon Knights is usually known for being overly ambitious, this shit looks more like Activision cutting the budget and making them release it 6 months ahead of schedule. Klepek, I expect a tell all after Activision liquidates SK and they all go their separate ways.

#43 Edited by august (3836 posts) -

They should have licensed the Unreal Engine oh wait.

#44 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Oh, man. That's pretty brutal.

#45 Posted by august (3836 posts) -
@Zippedbinders said:

Silicon Knights is usually known for being overly ambitious, this shit looks more like Activision cutting the budget and making them release it 6 months ahead of schedule. Klepek, I expect a tell all after Activision liquidates SK and they all go their separate ways.

Does Activision actually own a stake of the company? I think SK is largely being propped up by the Canadian taxpayer at this point.
#46 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

@august said:

@Zippedbinders said:

Does Activision actually own a stake of the company? I think SK is largely being propped up by the Canadian taxpayer at this point.

Nope, SK jumps around between publishers. I'm mostly poking fun at Activision's usual response when something they own turns to shit. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Activision cut funding.

Dammit, I just want SK to go back to Nintendo and make another damn Eternal Darkness.

#47 Posted by Brodehouse (9847 posts) -

Remember when it was announced and it seemed like it could come out of nowhere and be amazing? Action-rpg where you create a character, give them powers, and become one of the X-Men. Dialogue trees and major decisions between... I don't know, some sort of meditation on racism.

Essentially, BioWare's third original franchise should be a superhero setting, and not Jade Empire or something else. Unless they wanted to do spies and do a better version of Alpha Protocol.

#48 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

This game looked terrible since the first trailer and it on;y got uglier with time.

At least it would be easy to port it to the PS2.

#49 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Well they spent ten years on Too Human with no reward. They're probably just saying 'ok let's speed up this time'

#50 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Oh wow...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.