E3 2011: X-Men: Destiny Reveal Trailer

#1 Posted by Pyr0Maniac (6 posts) -

can't wait

#2 Posted by valentin_rad (85 posts) -

yay!

#3 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I still say this should've been X-Men Legends III, this doesnt look good at all!

#4 Posted by Chris2KLee (2336 posts) -

Still not clear if you can make your own mutant, or do you have to use the 3 characters they show here? I hope you can make your own character because I'm not really feeling any of these.

#5 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

If I can create my own mutant, then I'll be all over it.

#6 Posted by EnSabac (73 posts) -

Looks like crap, I'll probably still get it.

#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I love the concept but man, this looks really... cheap.

#8 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

@Chris2KLee said:

Still not clear if you can make your own mutant, or do you have to use the 3 characters they show here? I hope you can make your own character because I'm not really feeling any of these.

Pretty sure you choose one of 3 characters. Bummer huh? I really wish Activision would green light a Wolverine 2. Really enjoyed cutting dudes.

#9 Edited by Coleslaw893 (409 posts) -

This is the exact same trailer that was posted 3 days ago...Corey, come on. ;)

And to those wondering, apparently you can't create your own character, but choose from those 3 preset characters(you just get to upgrade their specific powers), who are supposedly going to become part of official X-Men canon(Not sure how much of that is true). 

Still, I love the X-Men, so I hope this turns out alright. But man, what the heck is up with Nightcrawler's costume?

#10 Posted by AssInAss (2648 posts) -

My weakness is goth chicks.

#11 Posted by rmanthorp (3949 posts) -

Interesting...

#12 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

May no look amazing but the comic nerd in me will force me to buy it, just like the new spider-man game that looks like DLC for shattered D.

#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Looks kinda cool, but some of the things in here look like they're from a PS2 game.  The game seems fairly devoid of style...

#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Chris2KLee said:

Yep, you have to play as the preteen goth, football jock or some extremely generic guy wearing a white t-shirt.

Very disappointing, as making your own character with custom powers would have been really appealing.. this is not. Doesn't help that the game itself looks dreadful.

#15 Posted by berfarah (6 posts) -

This just looks... awful.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Looking forward to this though still fuzzy on if you are picking one of the 3 characters as solo play or if you can team up with 2 friends & play through it (as it doesn't seem like a character swap is going to happen 2 different ways) but time will tell.

#18 Posted by cheapandtacky (128 posts) -

So that was the portable version? If not those graphics book rough.

#19 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1877 posts) -

Those characters are repulsive

#20 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
yeah I love the idea but is this a PSP game or something?
#21 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -

X!

#22 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

Wow.  Between the look of that game and the revelation that you just play pre-created dudes... I've lost all interest in this project.  I was doing some expectation management, fully expecting a disappointment later, I didn't really think it would come at the first time I saw or heard real details about it.  Man.

What a colossal blunder.

#23 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

I was hoping for more X-Men Legends and less Ultimate Alliance but this seems worse than both.

#24 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

#25 Posted by MeatSim (10856 posts) -

Wasn't this already posted a couple days ago?

#26 Posted by Tricky69 (299 posts) -

X-Men Density, as George McFly would say.

#27 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I looks like X-Men Legends... Which came out in 2004.

#28 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
I still say this should've been X-Men Legends III, this doesnt look good at all!
me too. they should have made x-men legends 3
#29 Posted by Largo6661 (335 posts) -

@Chris2KLee: no there are three to select from, but i think you can change their clothes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.