X-Men: Destiny: Confirmed X-Men Characters

#1 Edited by rbysjti (354 posts) -

Just giving a list of x-men characters which you can choose as your power. 

Playable characters:
Aimi
Adrian
Grant

X-Men Characters , source from the game's official website

Magneto
Pixie
Mystique  
Forge
Toad
Caliban
Avalanche
Colossus
Emma Frost
Gambit
Havok
Pyro
Quicksilver
Surge
Juggernaut
Cyclops
Iceman
Wolverine
Northstar

It's sad to know that the most popular female characters is not in this game: Storm, Phoenix, Rogue, Psylocke and Jubilee. : (

#2 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Seems neat, really like the idea of a Superhero RPG that isn't an MMO in which you create your own character. 

Anyways, wouldn't Northstar and Quicksilver have the same powers?

#3 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

Northstar? That's gay. 
*chuckle* 
I hope they make Denis Dyack a playable character. I would buy 5 copies of the game, and distribute them to friends.
#4 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@Red said:
Seems neat, really like the idea of a Superhero RPG that isn't an MMO in which you create your own character.  Anyways, wouldn't Northstar and Quicksilver have the same powers?
Northstar can fly and is faster. So maybe if you choose Northstar , you can only move fast while flying, and mpve fast on the ground for Quicksilver. but i really don't know how else would they differ them.
#5 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

Based on that list of character I can deduce the powerset they come with: 

Colossus  - Russian bear wrasslin!
Emma Frost  - Icy boobs!
Gambit - Cajun cooking!
Havok -  Sibling rivalry!
Pyro - FIRE! 
Quicksilver - Nepotism!
Surge - ELECTRIC!
Juggernaut - *see Havok*
Cyclops - Facist Leader trait!
Iceman - ICE!
Wolverine - ???
Northstar - Fabulousness!

To be honest I would rather have confirmation of  a "transition animation when attacking enemies" above anything else

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Definitely choosing Gambit. It would be nice if you could choose Magneto's power too.

#7 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

I hope Storm will be in the game. I want to shoot lightning and summmon whirlwind

#8 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
@BoG said:
Northstar? That's gay. *chuckle* I hope they make Denis Dyack a playable character. I would buy 5 copies of the game, and distribute them to friends.
Actually we here at giantbomb are developing the denis dyack action rpg. Its pretty much gonna redefine the entire games industry.
#9 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

i think gambit is my favorite?

#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -

@niamahai said:

Based on that list of character I can deduce the powerset they come with: Colossus - Russian bear wrasslin! Emma Frost - Icy boobs! Gambit - Cajun cooking! Havok - Sibling rivalry! Pyro - FIRE! Quicksilver - Nepotism! Surge - ELECTRIC! Juggernaut - *see Havok* Cyclops - Facist Leader trait! Iceman - ICE! Wolverine - ??? Northstar - Fabulousness! To be honest I would rather have confirmation of a "transition animation when attacking enemies" above anything else

Wolverine's power is "SNIKT! 'Bub'," obviously.

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Colossus. Colossus all the way, because Colossus is fucking amazing. We need more Colossus in our games. He should've been a hidden boss in SotC. And he needs to be playable in Metroid. He should be the alternate costume of Zangief. H E SHOULD'VE BEEN A HIDDEN CHARACTER ON CATHERINE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

#12 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Isn't this the game where you have to select from two different, awful archetypes?

#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

@Napalm: Hey, it's three different awful archetypes.

#14 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

They should have given us the option to create our own characters, like skin color, clothes to wear, etc.

#15 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -
#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -
@solidejake said:
Where's Deadpool?
Deadpool isn't actually an X-Man.
#17 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -
@Redbullet685: He's an X-Men supporting character, and was in the X-Men very briefly. That at least deserves a cameo?
#18 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

Will Namor be included?

#19 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

check the update on my first post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.