Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released May 01, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a game based upon the movie of the same name that tells the early story of Wolverine.

Favorite Character Ruined...

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yeah yeah, not Wolverine, I dislike Hugh Jackman but he did a pretty damned good job on this one.

Deadpool, my favorite character possibly from anything ever, has been utterly raped by this movie, I went with the sole intention of seeing Deadpool in a movie and I was utterly disgusted with his treatment. I didn't expect them to get his story right, I mean they couldn't even get the titular characters story correct, let alone someone most people hardly know about. But they couldn't have got it more wrong, or given him a stupider weapon.

I mean, he looks like Kabal from MK ffs, who funnily enough is actually based on Wolverine.

I wanted to facepalm until I broke my own nose.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By cloneslayer

He was ok for the first half of the movie, than later...

at least he broke the fourth wall in the after credits scene!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

Isn't he supposed to be more like a ninja turtle?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189
    The_A_Drain said:
    "Yeah yeah, not Wolverine, I dislike Hugh Jackman but he did a pretty damned good job on this one.Deadpool, my favorite character possibly from anything ever, has been utterly raped by this movie, I went with the sole intention of seeing Deadpool in a movie and I was utterly disgusted with his treatment. I didn't expect them to get his story right, I mean they couldn't even get the titular characters story correct, let alone someone most people hardly know about. But they couldn't have got it more wrong, or given him a stupider weapon.I mean, he looks like Kabal from MK ffs, who funnily enough is actually based on Wolverine.I wanted to facepalm until I broke my own nose."
    Somebody not liking a representation of a comic character in a movie. Stop the fucking presses.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yeah, at the outset Ryan Reynolds did a great job of protraying Wade Wilson, but then he was replaced by a stunt lookalike who had martial arts training for all the crazy flippy, arm-sword scenes.

As for the fourth wall after the ending, not in my cinema :\ I'm glad they did it but I got the stupid wolvering "Drinking to Remember" scene at the end instead, apparently it was random which ending the cinema received.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hairydutchman

Kabal looks like Predator.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

Ohh sorry not Kabal, the other one, Baraka.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

I didnt get to see the after credits scene. So I'll probably have to see it on blu-ray or something. I am glad they saved him breaking the fourth in the after credits though as I dont like that crap. Even if it is from the comic.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By kraznor

I've heard rumors there is actually a third secret ending where Wade picks up the severed head of Weapon XI, meaning it was merely a clone of him, which would allow him to return as himself in future movies. Makes sense as in the credits, Weapon XI was not played by Reynolds. That, and the Deadpool spin-off was basically green-lit today after how well Origins did, so expect much more, non-ruined Deadpool stuff in the future.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Why do people dislike Hugh Jackman? He's great.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NinjaHunter
    Never be silent.
    Never be silent.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By chililili
    NinjaHunter said:
    "
    Never be silent.
    Never be silent.
    "
    Truer words have never been spoken
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

I think Ryan Reynolds is definitely the guy to play him.  In terms of THAT alone, I think he was alright.  I enjoyed him.  Nonetheless, I hope the Deadpool movie doesn't end up sucking balls and they remain a little more dedicated to making it awesome.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain

I dont know where you heard that crazy shit, but unless I missed something Reynolds said he would like to do a proper Pool movie but it was unlikely to happen. As for that mysterious third ending, don't beleive it until I see it i'm afraid.

The reason Reynolds isn't credited as weapon XI is because e didn't play weapon XI. They had to get a martial arts expert in for those scenes (on top of the fact Reynolds was unhappy about Pool being done in that fashion)

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Kiemoe

At least it's left open for a sequel, and he's left with an open mouth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.