New X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer

Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
Sara over at Comic Vine tipped me off to this new trailer for the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine game over at Marvel.com. Although I'm normally skeptical of anything movie related in gaming this one is looking pretty sweet. I also like when one of the developers blatantly calls out "Finally a movie game that does not suck".  WIth the game coming from Raven Software -- makers of the excellent Marvel Utimate Alliance -- my bet is there's a better chance than not this one will meet that promise. Does anyone else see heavy God of War inspiration in this one?

#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
Sara over at Comic Vine tipped me off to this new trailer for the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine game over at Marvel.com. Although I'm normally skeptical of anything movie related in gaming this one is looking pretty sweet. I also like when one of the developers blatantly calls out "Finally a movie game that does not suck".  WIth the game coming from Raven Software -- makers of the excellent Marvel Utimate Alliance -- my bet is there's a better chance than not this one will meet that promise. Does anyone else see heavy God of War inspiration in this one?

#2 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Yeah i intend on seeing this, But i think they are gonna fuck it up just like they fucked Xmen 1-3 up.

Edit: i thought you were talking bout the movie. >_< sorry your talking about the game.

#3 Posted by SilverShadow (187 posts) -

Dude awesome! The lunge move looks like its straight out of Wheelman. Sweet!

#4 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

this game will be mediocre at best

#5 Posted by Six (612 posts) -

looks pretty cool

#6 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Looks like God of War, but with some slick differentiating mechanics.  I'm always a fan of licensed stuff, and this one looks decent.

#7 Posted by Bunnyman (212 posts) -

Again with the developers telling me how good their game is. Dumb. Looks alright though.

#8 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -

They completely ruined and wasted Deadpool in the movie... ummm... the movie that I did not download illegally and watch at all.

#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
Metiphis said:
"They completely ruined and wasted Deadpool in the movie... ummm... the movie that I did not download illegally and watch at all."
lol yeah my friend watched the leaked NONE FX version.
#10 Posted by TheClap (538 posts) -

The Voice acting at the end sounded questionable, but I love the work they do at Raven, so I'm looking forward to it

#11 Posted by andrewf87462 (556 posts) -

This game looks bloody awesome! Can't wait for this, and the movie!

#12 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

This looks retarded, didnt even get Jackman for the voice?  All those spinning attacks?  No, this game looks like it will be another crappy video game tie in.  Sorry guys but you are thinking about looks cool instead of what plays cool.  The standard for movie games has been set too high by GoldenEye007.

#13 Posted by natural_deadhead (272 posts) -

Looks like shit.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

I'm not an X-men fan by any means, but the trailer sent shivers down my spine. I'm probably not going to see the movie, but I'll definitely game-fly in the video game.

#15 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
"finally a a movie game that doesn't suck"
come on there have been several gems. they're are just playing to the crowed. they think if they say things like that that gamers like us will believe they are on our side and buy into that bullshit, when all we have to do is see what the game is like and no it sucks. 

ps, the movie kinda sucks. i saw it, and yeah its cheesy. 

xmen 1 and especially 2 were really good, but dude 3 was aweful and this new one is only marginally better than 3
#16 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Gameplay looks awesome, but the voice of Wolverine... kinda... distractingly bad.

#17 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

The trailer for the movie was on this morning, and it looked pretty badass.

#18 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

....and that looked even more badass.

#19 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

when have movie games been good since like Goldeneye on the N64?

#20 Posted by Nasar7 (2677 posts) -

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Escape From Butcher Bay are two movie games that kicked plenty of ass

#21 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

This game is a shit house

#22 Posted by Cloneslayer (1628 posts) -

How can they mess up Wolverine's most famous quote?

Its not ".. and what I do isn't very nice." its "what I do aint pretty."

Also, he needs to say bub more

#23 Posted by Jedted (2362 posts) -

I was kinda turned off by the fact that Hugh Jackman's voice isn't in the trailer but seeing as it's being developed by Raven(the makers of MUA) that gives me hope.

#24 Posted by pause422 (6187 posts) -
Metiphis said:
"They completely ruined and wasted Deadpool in the movie... ummm... the movie that I did not download illegally and watch at all."
That's all its worth doing for, not worth throwing away money to see that sack of garbage. I think this game looks okay, but having the devs plain out say "finally a movie game that doesn't suck" about their own game....yeah, what a mistake.
#25 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic for the game.  Although, I don't know if I want to play a game that is based on a movie that'll blow chunks.

#26 Edited by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

The guys at Raven know what they're doing, this will be the first movie game I'll buy. I just hope one day they can develop another Soldier of Fortune sequel.

#27 Posted by ChrisTilton (156 posts) -

No matter what the game, these EPKs are just so PAINFUL to watch.

#28 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

Looked good but will wait for reviews before I get excited.

#29 Posted by Josh (61 posts) -

Raven is a top-notch company with a ton of awesome titles under their belt, so I'm going to reserve judgement until I've played it. These guys do great work. 

#30 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

just hope that they don't mess this game up

#31 Posted by MeatSim (10855 posts) -

Gameplay looked good, voice of Wolverine sounded bad.

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

This is looking pretty great. It's sad Hugh Jackman isn't voicing Wolverine though.

#33 Edited by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Cloneslayer said:
"How can they mess up Wolverine's most famous quote?Its not ".. and what I do isn't very nice." its "what I do aint pretty."Also, he needs to say bub more"

You sir are wrong. and here is the proof:

#34 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Maybe...

#35 Posted by raidingkvatch (1153 posts) -

Doesn't suck is the best they can say about it? I am underwhelmed by their confidence in their game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.