Pixely face; immortalized

Posted by lordofultima (6249 posts) -
He's no Fabio!
Yeah, I just couldn't help myself. I decided to frame the last publicized issue of EGM and nail it to the wall. Look at Wolverine, in all his jaggy-faced goodness. So, since I'm an avid video game magazine collector, and have about 300 more of these...I've been thinking about framing all sorts of them and filling up my walls with them. What do you think?
#1 Posted by lordofultima (6249 posts) -
He's no Fabio!
Yeah, I just couldn't help myself. I decided to frame the last publicized issue of EGM and nail it to the wall. Look at Wolverine, in all his jaggy-faced goodness. So, since I'm an avid video game magazine collector, and have about 300 more of these...I've been thinking about framing all sorts of them and filling up my walls with them. What do you think?
#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15948 posts) -

That's pretty cool. Is EGM worth it though? I didn't read them consistently.

#3 Posted by EightBitWarrior (591 posts) -

That's pretty ridiculous, especially since if the magazine didn't get closed, none of this random fangasming would ever take place.

#4 Posted by finalkross (83 posts) -

I see this become a trend. I also expect people to hunt down EGM staff to get autographs.

#5 Posted by Darro (631 posts) -

Sounds pretty cool.  I have loads of issues of Gamesmaster (UK Publication), which date back to July 1999 and have every issue from mid 2001 but it ain't bitten the dust yet but if it does, might do something similar.

#6 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -
"That's pretty ridiculous, especially since if the magazine didn't get closed, none of this random fangasming would ever take place."
Eightbit. What's wrong with it?
I like it, though I would put up a better issue. Sad to see them go with that cover.
#7 Posted by Kazona (3067 posts) -

If you are really into gaming magazines, then yea it's pretty sweet to do such a thing.

#8 Edited by Weltal (2273 posts) -

Last 'published' issue. You've probably heard but their going to be putting up the final finished issue for users to read and I guess print themselves. Info and cover here.

Also, I think it looks awesome, though I guess putting up the entire collection depends on if your home can pull that off.

#9 Edited by lordofultima (6249 posts) -

It wouldn't be a collection of just EGM, since I have plenty of GamePro, PSM, Game Informer, Next-Gen and the like. Drywall isn't exactly the best place to hang a bunch of glass frames, however. Hmmmm. Regardless, if they release the "true" egm in PDF format, I can actually track down a printing press and pay them to print an actual magazine for me.

#10 Posted by pill92 (559 posts) -

Only frame your top 5 covers of EGM.  If you hanged up all of them it'd kind of be a force.

#11 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

What you SHOULD have done was print the Street Fighter cover on some fancy paper and frame it.

#12 Posted by lordofultima (6249 posts) -

Well I'm waiting for them to release the actual PDF's. not some low-res JPEG, and not just the cover either. The whole magazine.

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

These hooks work very well on dry wall, I just helped my mother-in-law hang pictures and this was suggested.

I think you can find them anywhere... and they use small holes and can hold weight.

I did like your EGM mag on the wall. Framed no less. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.