Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X Rebirth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

X Rebirth heralds more than just an additional chapter within the X series, it is a fresh beginning bringing with it a number of gameplay innovations without compromising its successful origins.

New X-Rebirth trailer

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm really hoping this is good.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chiablo: you and me both. I've never played an X game before but this really caught my attention a while back. Ever since Freelancer I never found something to fill that hole and this seems like it could scratch that itch. How do you think these two compare?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@dimi3je: The X games have generally been a lot more hardcore than Freelancer in terms of space-simmyness(not that that's a word, but you get what i mean, probably, right?). They have been trying to simplify things and make it easier for newer players in the more recent games though. Terran Conflict brought some good interface/control changes and added a more in depth tutorial on stuff. There's still a whole bunch of crap that you need to learn though, and probably alot that you'd need to look up on the net. No clue how friendly this game will be, but there's a decent chance it'll be even more so than the others since that's the direction they've been heading.

Oh wow, is that cockpit view i see? They're bring that back i see.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dimi3je

@shirogane: I've got nothing against a game being hardcore, if a deep game has a bit of a learning curve, that's fine. But the previous titles in the series just seemed a bit convoluted (the menus looked super intimidating). I'm really liking the immersiveness that they are going with in Rebirth with the cockpit view and streamlined UI. A good tutorial wouldn't hurt either. Can't wait to dig in! One of the things that still worry me are the controls. I don't have a controller, so I'm curious how will it play on a mouse and keyboard? This is one of the reasons I loved Freelancer, it had a easy to learn, difficult to master approach to controls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.