Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X

Franchise »

A series of 4X games published by Egosoft that take place in a futuristic space setting and try to create a highly believable gameworld.

Continuity?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By eccentrix

I'm interested in finding out what these games are about but I don't want to waste time playing through the earlier games if the story doesn't matter at all. I do remember accidentally loading up a later game at one point because there are a couple without numbers and there was a cut scene with some story stuff which sounded important. Should I pull a Vinny and play through them all or is it more of an Elder Scrolls/GTA situation where the story has no bearing? Maybe the nature of the games just removes the feasibility of playing through them all. I'm not expecting any fast replies, so be sure to @reply so I can see it.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By eccentrix

According to TV Tropes: "Though there is an over-arching narrative to the games, a lot of the replay value comes from the sandbox mode where you pick your starting circumstances and are dropped into the universe to run amok." Sounds a lot like The Elder Scrolls. I think I'll just jump into the latest and see how it goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.