When will Microsoft add more games?

#1 Posted by Chytynous (31 posts) -

I have copies of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, two games I missed last gen and am itching to try. I just grabbed them out of a clearance bin for cheap hoping they would work on the 360. They don't. Thanks, y'all!

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

They haven't updated it in a long time, so my best guess would be no. But I would really really really like to see Oddworld: Strangers Wrath on there. I'm a huge fan of the oddworld series, but never owned an xbox, so never got to play it.

#3 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

They announced they wouldn't be updating it anymore.

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would be guessing that there will be no more updates to BC. I would like to see some more games on the list, but I won't hold my breath.

#5 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

It will likely be contained in the fall update, there was no actual official announcement stating they had stoped completely.
The announcement was a marketing manager saying it had slowed down but he never officially said it had stopped completely.

#6 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

Those are the only two games I wanted to buy for BC besides Psychonauts.

#7 Posted by Vash_The_Stampede (254 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"They announced they wouldn't be updating it anymore."
That is really terrible, the XBOX library has some very good games...your best shot is probably getting an old Xbox second hand, they are really cheap now
#8 Posted by Chytynous (31 posts) -

Yeah, I just might do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.