Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Controller Support for PC

Concept »

This is a list of PC games which support connecting an Xbox 360 controller to your computer and using it to play the game.

Not getting it to work.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By guiseppe

So I'm trying to connect the Xbox 360 controller to my PC and while the PC itself registers the device "Xbox 360 controller via Play & Charge kit" no games or software seem to recognize it. Is it because it has to be a genuine wired controller or am I just doing something wrong? It downloaded the drivers and such automatically, but I still can't get aything to work with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Do you have the receiver plugged into the USB port? A separate item that is sold for $20. You didn't say anything about it, so not sure what other advice to give. Have never done this myself.

The Xbox wireless gaming receiver.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jangofett88
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Do you have the receiver plugged into the USB port? A separate item that is sold for $20. You didn't say anything about it, so not sure what other advice to give. Have never done this myself.

The Xbox wireless gaming receiver."
    This is correct. In order to connect the wireless controller to the PC, you need the gaming receiver. The Play & Charge kit only charges the controller.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By guiseppe

Ah, that's it then. The site I was looking at told me a different story, but this makes sense. Thanks :).

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5  Edited By dsplayer1010

I can't get a wired controller to work. Anyone know how?

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

bump

Docgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Docgamer1

A regular Xbox  wired or wirless controller will not work on a PC. You have to purchase a Xbox 360 For Windows. The Xbox 360 For Windows will work on a PC and a XBOX 360. But a regular XBOX 360 controller will not work on pc. I hope this helps. I have done smae thing tried every xbox controller I had from my Xbox. then rread up on some stuff.  so IT HAS TO BE A XBOX 360 Contoller For WINDOWS..  I purchased the wireless on eat Best buy for 65 bucks.

Good luck to you all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.