Agent! The Crackdown 2 Demo Is Available

• 73 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Is a half hour of Crackdown 2's mania enough to sell you on a purchase? Ruffian Games and Microsoft seem to think so, Agent. As promised, a 1GB timed demo for the open-world action title has appeared on Xbox Live Marketplace, allowing you to kill and folic with accelerated leveling, co-op functionality, and the chance to unlock achievements earned when the full game is popped into your system tray.

Microsoft has also launched a Facebook app with strong ties to said demo. Chuck's Ducks 2 (available here) is a "carnival-inspired game" that will feed you an allotment of duck-shaped sticky bombs for use in Crackdown 2's multiplayer component. Playing Chuck's Ducks 2 will also unlock a harder difficulty level in the Crackdown 2 demo which is probably neat if you're into that whole punching-yourself-in-the-leg thing. 

Ravaged car, courtesy of an agent. 
== TEASER ==While it's admittedly hard to see beyond the Crackdown 2 demo, more is set to hit Xbox Live Marketplace this week. Major Nelson provided the low-down again, bringing to light an "inventory blowout" deal which ends this Tuesday:

Deals of the Week 
  • FIFA Ultimate Game Mode - 240 MSP

Madden NFL Arcade 
Games on Demand

Mirror's Edge 
Xbox Live Arcade

RISK: Factions 
 DLC

Onslaught Mode 

Inventory Blowout

Castle Crashers 
Just as an aside: this "blowout" sale is fantastic. It also makes me remember how aggressively priced XBLM titles used to be.    
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Is a half hour of Crackdown 2's mania enough to sell you on a purchase? Ruffian Games and Microsoft seem to think so, Agent. As promised, a 1GB timed demo for the open-world action title has appeared on Xbox Live Marketplace, allowing you to kill and folic with accelerated leveling, co-op functionality, and the chance to unlock achievements earned when the full game is popped into your system tray.

Microsoft has also launched a Facebook app with strong ties to said demo. Chuck's Ducks 2 (available here) is a "carnival-inspired game" that will feed you an allotment of duck-shaped sticky bombs for use in Crackdown 2's multiplayer component. Playing Chuck's Ducks 2 will also unlock a harder difficulty level in the Crackdown 2 demo which is probably neat if you're into that whole punching-yourself-in-the-leg thing. 

Ravaged car, courtesy of an agent. 
== TEASER ==While it's admittedly hard to see beyond the Crackdown 2 demo, more is set to hit Xbox Live Marketplace this week. Major Nelson provided the low-down again, bringing to light an "inventory blowout" deal which ends this Tuesday:

Deals of the Week 
  • FIFA Ultimate Game Mode - 240 MSP

Madden NFL Arcade 
Games on Demand

Mirror's Edge 
Xbox Live Arcade

RISK: Factions 
 DLC

Onslaught Mode 

Inventory Blowout

Castle Crashers 
Just as an aside: this "blowout" sale is fantastic. It also makes me remember how aggressively priced XBLM titles used to be.    
#2 Edited by rathantoras (192 posts) -

Sweet stuff.

#3 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

Sweet! I want the demo NOW! . . . but 1GB?! That will take a few hours to download for me :(

#4 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Can't wait to play the demo

#5 Posted by TheRealFunkyDom (3 posts) -

Wow,  you guys are fast

#6 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

oh shit Risk Factions is this week? it looks awesome

#7 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

The sale is awesome, i got four games, now that they're cheap, why not get them....

#8 Posted by Dantekiller (204 posts) -

i like candy

#9 Posted by bkfountain (103 posts) -

awesome...

#10 Posted by Zaph (274 posts) -

Words cannot describe how eagerly I'm anticipating Summer of Arcade. Lara Croft? Castlevania? Monday Night Combat? Yes please!

(Arguably not as strong as last year, but that's still some damn fine gaming!)

#11 Posted by BetonneTom (113 posts) -

yeah i read this 2 days ago on majornelson.com or something (pretty much copy'd though shame on you), stil do not understand deal of the week sometimes it takes until Tuesday to show up on my dutch xbox. anyway i guess europe gets a different deal because of all the ridiculous american football    

#12 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

Bee movie is a game on demand?!

#13 Posted by HeghmohQib (186 posts) -

folic?

#14 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Points in demos!? Crazy shit!

#15 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

oh my god, that blowout is EPIC

#16 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Duder!
Those are some excellent prices!

#17 Posted by glitznglam_style (111 posts) -

The demo is a whole lot like Crackdown 1, but it feels a lot more improved with more impressive vareity. 

That's enough for me. I loved Crackdown, so just give me more and make it a tad bit better, and yeah, I'm sold!
#18 Posted by HT101 (1180 posts) -

I picked up Castlevania and Banjo Tooie along with Trials HD last week.  Haven't played SOTN yet but will get to it eventually.

#19 Posted by Zaapp1 (661 posts) -

Great games, nice write-up.

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

Got myself Splosion Man on the deal of the week and Uno and Crystal defenders last week on the inventory blowout. Wish they would have changed the inventory blowout this week though. Duke Nukem looks cool and so does Risk, so I may have to get those too

#21 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Downloading it right now. Getting achievements in a demo for the full game?

Sold. As if I wasn't already.

#22 Posted by Googly (245 posts) -

RISK!!!

#23 Posted by zigx (78 posts) -

Picked up Banjo Tooie and Castle Crashers (yup held out that long). Kinda wondering if I should get Banjo Kazooie and finish that one first. Is any of the Stop N' Swop stuff worth it?

#24 Posted by belaraphon (454 posts) -

damn, about 3 games i want to pickup on the inventory blowout. nice.

#25 Posted by Jedted (2412 posts) -

Earning achievements in the demo and then unlocking them with the full game?  I'm sold! 

I hope this becomes a new trend for games.  ME2 already has a demo which saves your progress allowing you to skip the whole first level when you buy the full game. 
#26 Posted by Theresonlyone (190 posts) -

I'm now the proud owner of Castlevania and Castle Crashers.

#27 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

It's kinda weird how crackdown-y the demo feels, in terms of gameplay. it's not necessarily bad, it feels like...home.

#28 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

I got splosion man last week.. Castlevania this week..

#29 Posted by sahest (30 posts) -

Hmm, I really didn't like this demo. It was too hectic, everywhere you went enemies were crawling. And I died defending a beacon, when I leveled up my shooting-skill and my character freezes in the levelup-animation while everyone is shooting at me... 

Hope this is not indicative of the full game. I remember hating the original demo as well, but ended up loving the full game.

#30 Posted by CarolynP (91 posts) -

Wait, isn't Puzzle Quest 2 also supposed to come out this week?

#31 Posted by Dryker (515 posts) -

Some of those "Blow-out" prices are tempting, but considering I just bought Pure for $7 through Gamefly, it's kinda hard to spend $10 on Castle Crashers. Five bucks and I be sold. Vandal Hearts looks like a good deal, if I only had the time...
#32 Posted by cikame (1073 posts) -

Interested to see what GB think of Crackdown 2, i played the demo and it's pretty terrible.

For reference, i love Crackdown 1.

#33 Posted by NotorietyH (44 posts) -

Yes! Finally! Bee Movie game on demand. Have been holding out for that for ages. I keep wearing out my disc copies because I play it too much.

#34 Posted by Curval (63 posts) -
@Dryker: Castle Crashers is worth the ten bucks.  It's such a good game.
#35 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

oh man those 30 minutes in the crackdown 2 demo just fly by, can't wait for july 6th

#36 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Playing now, it's pretty dope.

#37 Posted by Clark (110 posts) -

I'm so sad. Trials HD was up there like yesterday for 560 points now its off the list and back up to 1200 =(

#38 Posted by Getz (3155 posts) -
@NotorietyH said:
" Yes! Finally! Bee Movie game on demand. Have been holding out for that for ages. I keep wearing out my disc copies because I play it too much. "
Dude, I know.
#39 Posted by Yummylee (22546 posts) -

Major Nicholson, aaa Saloote you, suun.!

#40 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -

How do you turn off the lockon targeting? Whenever I hold left trigger, the game just locks onto targets for me, when I really just want to shoot for myself.

Also, the game's graphics are really... terrible. It's like an Xbox1 game.

#41 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I'm thinking about N+. Worth it?

#42 Posted by Hitman101 (81 posts) -

Agent! Where is my I love mondays?

#43 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

I wanna play Risk.

Also so glad they halved the price on all the last years Summer of Arcade games. Saved me quite a few points.

#44 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
@cikame said:
" Interested to see what GB think of Crackdown 2, i played the demo and it's pretty terrible.  For reference, i love Crackdown 1. "
I think that the general consensus for Crackdown 2 will be bad, i have yet to play the demo, and i will, but from what i've seen...i think it could be terrible, or at least, depressing and-or disappointing, i love the first one too.
#45 Posted by Alphazero (1548 posts) -

Now that there's Chat Roulette, is there really any purpose for Uno?

#46 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I wonder if they'll ever have sales on their Games On-Demand titles?

#47 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

What about Puzzle Quest 2?    

#48 Posted by immike (714 posts) -
@Death_Burnout: I agree especially after just playing the demo. It just isn't that good.
#49 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@caro said:
" Wait, isn't Puzzle Quest 2 also supposed to come out this week? "
Yes the 23rd is what I heard. Gamespot confirms it anyhow hmm.... Hope MS didnt fawk up the releasedate somehow :O
#50 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
@immike: I'm about to play it after this last 10% of DL...im dying to see how it is!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.