Amazon to stop selling XBLA games.

#1 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -
Gamasutra's got it. 

I dunno.  It was nice to get games without buying points, but ultimately it doesn't make much of a difference to me.  Anybody outraged or even inconvenienced?

You'll still be able to buy points on Amazon.  Article doesn't get specific about if you can still buy points codes or just the cards, but I'm assuming you can still buy codes.
#2 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

That's depressing. I liked playing cash for XBLA games. :/

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I wasn't even aware you go do this. 

Oh well.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

It always seemed like a strange business practice.

#5 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  yeah.  it occurred to me one day "wait, how is this good for amazon OR microsoft?" 

maybe the numbers worked out in such a way that would surprise me...but yeah...weird thing.
#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Awww.... I bought a lot of games that way.

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I didnt even know that was real. Amazon you still surprise me.

#8 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

They did this?

#9 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I liked the idea, but they never seemed to have the games I wanted to buy on Amazon.

#10 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -

pretty funny to me how few people even knew this existed.

#11 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Amazon does this with PSN games. These codes occasionally go on sale. 

#12 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@DevWil said:
" pretty funny to me how few people even knew this existed. "
I wish I had known it existed, then I probably would have used it and I'd probably be PO'd right now. But because I didn't all I can say is, meh......
#13 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

Why wouldn't you just get them with points? It wasn't any savings this way was it?

Seemed strange to sell them this way in the first place anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.