Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Can I Gift MSP?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ch3burashka

After a grueling few hours of troubleshooting and customer support, I was unable to resolve my issues with Zune marketplace (which is a piece of shit, btw, but that's for another time). For whatever reason, there are "media rights usage errors", conveniently without any code or attributions, that will not let me download/purchase anything. The only positive out of this was that they credited my account 2000MSP for my troubles. I went to spend it on a rental and, oh right, I can't due to the rights usage bullshit.

Basically I'm sitting on points I can't do jack shit with. Also, I don't have an Xbox.

Money's money, and I might as well put it to good use. My friend's brother would appreciate the 25 bucks or so 2000MSP is.

Is there any way to transfer points or gift games? I did some research, and it seems the only retailer to do so, Amazon, stopped selling codes, and only sells points cards. And I perpetually fucked, or is there a way out of this?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

No, I'm almost positive you can't give those away.

You could try to see if something on the GWFL store interests you. Without an xbox I can't think of much else to do with those points.

coilcloudvaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By coilcloudvaper

No

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

When you think about it, it's a bit stupid that you can't!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

@HeyImPhoenix said:

That's what I've always thought, but I guess it's for the best. At least if your Xbox Live account gets hacked, some dude can't send himself your own points.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Breadfan said:

@HeyImPhoenix said:

That's what I've always thought, but I guess it's for the best. At least if your Xbox Live account gets hacked, some dude can't send himself your own points.

I always wanted the 360 to have a gifting option like the Wii.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

Nope, but it's an oversight by MS that you can't gift points or games for that matter .

Maybe w/the new consoles someone will think of adding this feature.

With the whole philosphy of 'play together' being pushed I have no idea why the genius peeps running XBL haven't implemented this no-brainer feature.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

@breadfan Yeah you're right but it would be a good way to trace who hacked you :) but then they would probably send points to random people to try and get in trouble too :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.