Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

free ms points on XBL Marketplace in Feb 2011

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By fox01313

Not sure if it's part of some reward program or hey look at what we're doing thingy. While I enjoy getting free MS points from Microsoft, have to say I was puzzled with it being only 80. Having nothing else in the bank to put it towards, I found that after the initial idea of putting it in the apparently dead Game Room or trying to figure out the gamer pics at that price range, I find that the idea of getting something for the avatar is probably more sensible as well as hell of easier to search through. Glad I went with that pick as I found that despite all the UK themed items being slightly higher than other things in the same catagory (glaring at the hat catagory mostly where some festive hats from around the world were 80 points until I looked at the ones I liked to find them to be 160). So anyone else in this boat I can at least assure you, go to the xbox site & you should be able to find some variety in the shirts & hats as well as a few props if stuck with just 80 MS points.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fox01313

Not sure if it's part of some reward program or hey look at what we're doing thingy. While I enjoy getting free MS points from Microsoft, have to say I was puzzled with it being only 80. Having nothing else in the bank to put it towards, I found that after the initial idea of putting it in the apparently dead Game Room or trying to figure out the gamer pics at that price range, I find that the idea of getting something for the avatar is probably more sensible as well as hell of easier to search through. Glad I went with that pick as I found that despite all the UK themed items being slightly higher than other things in the same catagory (glaring at the hat catagory mostly where some festive hats from around the world were 80 points until I looked at the ones I liked to find them to be 160). So anyone else in this boat I can at least assure you, go to the xbox site & you should be able to find some variety in the shirts & hats as well as a few props if stuck with just 80 MS points.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm curious as to how many people got the points. I got a message for them but a friend of mine did not.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60
    @Sasran said:
    " I'm curious as to how many people got the points. I got a message for them but a friend of mine did not. "
    I never got any free points either.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I don't think it's for the rewards program, the rewards site still says I have 260 points pending.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    " I don't think it's for the rewards program, the rewards site still says I have 260 points pending. "
    I'm not eligible for the rewards program because I live in Canada so it definitely isn't that.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

Its part of the rewards program, I suspect. I am in it.

You get rewarded with points every time you purchase games from XBLM. They send you a email every month letting you know how many points you have accrued. I forget how many you need before they actually apply it to your account though.

It's kinda silly, at the point values they give. Papa Johns website (a pizza place for those that are not familiar) gives points per purchases and I am more likely to accrue enough to get a free pizza before I can ever afford a game from the accrued points on this rewards program haha

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

I didn't receive any points. Didn't they give out the points because of some mistake?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fox01313

Ditto on waiting with points on the rewards program, even if you don't get the message from XBL, it's only 80 points which really doesn't get much unless you're buying a bunch of odd little things & needing the 80 to round things up to a good number for getting a game/dlc.

EDfromRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EDfromRED

I got a message with a code for 80 ms points last night, I'll probably use it to support an Indie game
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777

I just got my 80 points but it says that they expire on March 2nd. Thing is, I already had 1600 points in my account, so if I buy something will it be subtracted from the 80 free points or the ones I already had?! Like for example if I buy a 400-point game, will the 80 points count for that or am I still going to find them missing come March?

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Enigma777 said:

" I just got my 80 points but it says that they expire on March 2nd. Thing is, I already had 1600 points in my account, so if I buy something will it be subtracted from the 80 free points or the ones I already had?! Like for example if I buy a 500 point game, will the 80 points count for that or am I still going to find them missing come March? "

I'd like to know this as well. It would be nice if they used the free points first but you can never really know :|
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By l4wd0g
    @Enigma777 said:

" I just got my 80 points but it says that they expire on March 2nd. Thing is, I already had 1600 points in my account, so if I buy something will it be subtracted from the 80 free points or the ones I already had?! Like for example if I buy a 500 point game, will the 80 points count for that or am I still going to find them missing come March? "

I got that message also. I bet we have to spend them. Beyond Good and Evil seems like my only option. Too bad, a dollar off of Torchlight would have been nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.