Lots of XBLA Price Drops (Outland, Trials, MNC, BioCom 1&2 etc.)

#1 Posted by Timing (624 posts) -

Saw this on NeoGAF. Here's a big list of Xbox Live Arcade games that have apparently been permanently reduced in price since today (their pages don't show a crossed out and a new price like with Deal of the Week, except for ilomilo). It might also be like a stealth sale so if you want any of these, now would be a good time. I'd recommend at least getting Outland.

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 400 (originally 1200)

Outland - 400 (800)

Yar's Revenge - 400 (800)

Islands of Wafku - 400 (800)

Trouble Witches Neo - 400 (800)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed - 400 (800)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - 600 (1200)

Trials HD - 600 (1200)

Shank - 600 (1200)

Monday Night Combat - 600 (1200)

Moon Diver - 600 (1200)

Section 8 Prejudice - 800 (1200)

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - 800 (1200)

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - 400 (800)

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale - 800 (1200)

Blade Kitten - 400 (800)

The Maw - 400 (800)

Star Raiders - 400 (800)

ilomilo - 400 (800) (Gold Only, probably temporary)

#2 Edited by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

Whoa this is awesome. I snagged Outland and I still have 800 points left. Any suggestions? I don't have any of these games. How is Clash of Heroes? I played the demo and it was pretty good but I'm not sure of the length.

I could either get Clash of Heroes, or a double combo between BC: Rearmed, Serious Sam and The Maw.

EDIT: Turns out that Clash of Heroes is 800 for Gold Members only. Damn.

#3 Edited by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Definately pick up Trials for that price, it's one of the best and most original games on the service. I think I am going to get Moon diver because that game just felt really great when I played it, I realize it's an acquired taste.

#4 Posted by DarkidRising (38 posts) -

@ xyzygy: Clash of Heroes is an awesome game. I own the DS version and have put some crazy time into it. The story etc is a little on the weak side but the actual battles are deep and fun. Very recommended.

On that note - does anyone now if Clash of Heroes price drop is permanent or just part of the weekly deal?

#5 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

shall get a bunch of these games, or the Gears 3 season pass?

#6 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

@DarkidRising said:

@ xyzygy: Clash of Heroes is an awesome game. I own the DS version and have put some crazy time into it. The story etc is a little on the weak side but the actual battles are deep and fun. Very recommended.

On that note - does anyone now if Clash of Heroes price drop is permanent or just part of the weekly deal?

Clash of Heroes is a weekly deal - one that I have been waiting on for over a year, grabbed it this morning.

Daggerdale is also a DOTW

#7 Posted by the_devoid (42 posts) -

Anyone know if there are still people playing Section 8?

#8 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

These suck except for outland

#9 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2173 posts) -

Shit...do I buy Trials HD right now or do I wait for Trials Revolution?

Life is too hard.

#10 Posted by ProfessorEss (7505 posts) -

Saw that this morning, some solid stuff.

Trying to decide whether I should buy some of them to throw on my giant pile of unplayed games or say screw it and try to concentrate on the long list of things I already own.

#11 Posted by JayCee (623 posts) -

I am interested in Daggerdale, but heard that it was pretty broken when it was released. Does anyone know if it was patched before the studio was shut down?

#12 Edited by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

I have 360 Microsoft Points on my account, which is 40 short of a whole $5.

#13 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -
@SteamPunkJin@JayCee
Do not buy Daggerdale. It has never and probably will never be patched.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.