Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

MS Live Arcade pricing is so stupid

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

Couldn't they have built in some kind of natural depreciation system on the games in the XBOX Live store?

I was thinking I really wanted to play old-school Prince of Persia the other day and remembered that I'd never gotten the "PoP Classic" remake that came out as a downloadable game on the last gen machines. I went to look it up and it was $9.99. I know $10 isn't a lot to pay for a full game, but this game is 7 years old!

If this was was on disc or on Steam or GoG I could probably get it for less than $2. I looked up what it cost when it was released and it was 800 MS points. That's $10. What game stays the same price for seven years? I could wait for them to put it on sale but I never, ever notice Live Arcade sales.

Guess I'll just play the DOS version on DOSBox or try to find the SNES version.

Etit: I just looked and realized this game is $2 on iOS and Android. I don't know between MS and Ubisoft who is more to blame, but this seems pretty dumb to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.