Next Week In Xbox Live Marketplace

• 67 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

What's going on in the world of Xbox Live Marketplace moving into next week? Unless you're big on The Peanuts, Modern Warfare 2, or have been waiting to catch Prince of Persia Classic on the cheap, the answer to that question is somewhere in the area of "not much."

As outlined by Microsoft's Xbox Live dude, Major Nelson, the Deal of the Week is different than usual, this time incorporating several downloadables at a 50-percent reduced price. The aforementioned Prince of Persia Classic, the Xbox Live Arcade release Watchmen: The End is Nigh, and Transformers 2's Character and Map Pack Plus will all go on sale May 31 courtesy of a "Movie Mania" promotion operating within the Deal of the Week. I'm pretty sure you get why they would brand it as such, but do remember these deals will cease to exist after next week.

Prince of Persia Classic 

On June 1, some regions will be able to download Soul Calibur IV and Medal of Honor: Airborne over Games on Demand. Most regions, on the other hand, will get June 2's Xbox Live Arcade release: Smart Bomb Interactive's Warhawk-style flying game Snoopy Flying Ace. It'll be priced at 800 Microsoft Points.

Snoopy Flying Ace 
Lastly, the second Modern Warfare 2 map pack, the Resurgence Pack, will hit on June 3 at 1200 MSP. Like the first map pack, it will feature maps both old and new. Vacant and Strike are coming back, while the spooky (see image) Carnival, the close-range heaven Trailer Park, and the sniper-friendly Fuel round out the rest of the offering.     

Carnival is one of the new maps being added to Modern Warfare 2.
So, what are you going to download?
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

What's going on in the world of Xbox Live Marketplace moving into next week? Unless you're big on The Peanuts, Modern Warfare 2, or have been waiting to catch Prince of Persia Classic on the cheap, the answer to that question is somewhere in the area of "not much."

As outlined by Microsoft's Xbox Live dude, Major Nelson, the Deal of the Week is different than usual, this time incorporating several downloadables at a 50-percent reduced price. The aforementioned Prince of Persia Classic, the Xbox Live Arcade release Watchmen: The End is Nigh, and Transformers 2's Character and Map Pack Plus will all go on sale May 31 courtesy of a "Movie Mania" promotion operating within the Deal of the Week. I'm pretty sure you get why they would brand it as such, but do remember these deals will cease to exist after next week.

Prince of Persia Classic 

On June 1, some regions will be able to download Soul Calibur IV and Medal of Honor: Airborne over Games on Demand. Most regions, on the other hand, will get June 2's Xbox Live Arcade release: Smart Bomb Interactive's Warhawk-style flying game Snoopy Flying Ace. It'll be priced at 800 Microsoft Points.

Snoopy Flying Ace 
Lastly, the second Modern Warfare 2 map pack, the Resurgence Pack, will hit on June 3 at 1200 MSP. Like the first map pack, it will feature maps both old and new. Vacant and Strike are coming back, while the spooky (see image) Carnival, the close-range heaven Trailer Park, and the sniper-friendly Fuel round out the rest of the offering.     

Carnival is one of the new maps being added to Modern Warfare 2.
So, what are you going to download?
#2 Edited by Homeslice (553 posts) -

Cool!

That snoopy game looks like it could be ok...Peanuts has such charm.

#3 Posted by PerryVandell (2104 posts) -

None, just bought Alan Wake and RDR.

#4 Posted by ShaolinSpade (160 posts) -

snoop!

#5 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I'll pass on this week

#6 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Those map-packs are still very expensive.

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Whooo. Another overpriced MW2 map pack!

#8 Posted by darkjester74 (1589 posts) -

Too bad I already have classic PoP, cool that its on sale.  Classic PoP, the only one that matters.

#9 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

maps

#10 Posted by Keavy_Rain (130 posts) -

Dear Activision/Infinity Ward, 
I don't care that your map pack contains two "classic" maps from CoD4, $15 is still a lot of money for DLC for a game. I also don't care that it comes out to $3 a pop, saving me 33 cents compared to three at $10. Can you seriously tell me that you invested $3 worth of time bringing three-year-old maps into a game in the same franchise made by the same people?

Oh, who am I kidding. This thing will sell 2.5 Million; just like the last one.

#11 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

if i wanted to play the COD4 maps, i'd play COD4, simple as that

#12 Posted by scottygrayskull (456 posts) -

Loved the Snoopy game at PAX East. Will at least demo. 

The MW2 maps I'll almost certainly download, as my friends that I always play with will. Gotta love how the peer pressure creates sales with Activision not having to do anything. :\

#13 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I didn't even know Classic PoP existed.  I've been spending years explaining I'd only played the first first PoP game.  Everybody seems to think it started with Sands of Time.

#14 Posted by Skillface (565 posts) -

I'm gonna wait out the maps until there's a 2-for-1 deal or something.

#15 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Lord knows how many GB members bought the first map pack... not me; even though CoD:MW2 is the only multiplayer game I have that's still relevant and it would of only cost me $12 since I bought MSP on sale, plus Overgrown and Crash were my favorite maps from CoD4:MW and I still didn't buy in.

#16 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

The Snoopy game sounds very interesting. I read some impressions on another site (Joystiq, I think?) that compared it very favorably to Crimson Skies.

#17 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

FUNHAUS

#18 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

That Snoopy game looks kinda quirky actually. I might just get that...

#19 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1737 posts) -

Why, Mr. Nicholsen, why do we need this news? It hasn't been a feature before, as I recall it.

#20 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

The snoopy game looks good, and it has 16 player multiplayer.

#21 Posted by Daftasabat (510 posts) -

The Snoopy flying sections reminded me of Sly Racoon

#22 Posted by Paliv (137 posts) -

None for me either, just bought Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 (finally), and am jetting off to Tokyo with my new DS soon.

#23 Posted by dvdwalker8 (393 posts) -

None. That Carnival map for MW2 looks pretty cool though. PSN has PoP Classic on sale this week.
#24 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
" None, just bought Alan Wake and RDR. "
Make good use of RDR by selling it and buy some fun stuff :)
#25 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Whooo. Another overpriced MW2 map pack! "
$3 per map doesn't sound terribly expensive to me...
#26 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

What am I going to download? None of it, it all looks bad.

#27 Posted by PerryVandell (2104 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
Make good use of RDR by selling it and buy some fun stuff :) "
I really hope you are being sarcastic.
#28 Posted by drowsap (682 posts) -

Dam wheres Monkey island 2 im guessing that will be in the summer of arcade bummer

#29 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

So, Bad Brad, you gonna do this type of thing for PS updates too?

#30 Posted by ectoplasma (981 posts) -

1200 Points for a Map Pack is just a travesty.

#31 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
" @sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
I really hope you are being sarcastic. "
OMG. I can hear the pitchforks being lit as I type...
#32 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

no "dog" fighting puns...............I'm so proud.

#33 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

I hope you guys that still play MW2 don't buy that map pack...FIGHT THA POWER

#34 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Why, Mr. Nicholsen, why do we need this news? It hasn't been a feature before, as I recall it. "
News is news.  And this is relevant news.
#35 Posted by Landmine (525 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
" @sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Fullmetal216 said:
I really hope you are being sarcastic. "
OMG. I can hear the pitchforks being lit as I type... "
How would one go about lighting a pitchfork? Would they have to wrap it in twine and soak it in gasoline first? Or, would they prop it against a wall and set up an extremely pricey studio lighting system to get the highlights and shadows cast properly?  

If either or these are the case, I think you have nothing to fear as they will all be too busy playing RDR, much like myself. 

;)
#36 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

I dunno, those pictures you've selected made all three items look promising, and I hadn't known they were out/coming out (that Carnival level looks AMAZING), so this seems like a decent week to me.

#37 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

Also, as always, there's Rock Band DLC next week too; P.O.D.'s "Alive" and four songs by Spoon, who I'd never heard of but who are also apparently "kind of a big deal."

#38 Posted by MeatSim (10892 posts) -

Hooray reduced priced XBLA games. Boo over priced map packs.

#39 Posted by Redbullet685 (6052 posts) -

PoP for me

#40 Posted by ArterialSpray (2 posts) -

If the Snoopy game uses the same mechanics as the PSP version, It should be pretty good. Certainly better than the license would lead us to believe. Between that and the fact my GF loves Snoopy, I may actually pick this one up.

#41 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

None of the above :( 

PoP Classic - No thank you. Unless it is actualy oldschool PoP, all PoP games are DO NOT WANT's for me. 

Snoopy - Looks ok, but, I have Afterburner Climax and Doom 2 to get through :) 

MW2 Maps - Don't play MW2 multiplayer, never have never will. So... Nope.

#42 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

Awesome. I've been wanting to get POP Classic for a long time now. So I will DEFINITELY be picking it up. :D

#43 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I'm really impressed by how often Mr. Nicholson updates the site with breaking news. Keep up the great work man!

#44 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Snoopy game looks cool.

#45 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -

nicholson is doing a kickass job on the news front, never seen so much stuff get posted on the site until now, keep up the good work!

#46 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Might check them out.

#47 Posted by krazy_kyle (715 posts) -

Gotta say, this map pack looks like a huge improvement over the last one.
#48 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Snoopy Flying Ace looks sick. Maybe I can get a couple of my friends to play that with me...

#49 Posted by TheRandomKo (240 posts) -

The Watchmen game is on sale?! SWEET! I loved the demo of that game but i didn't wanna pay the full price back then.. I'll surely get it now..!

#50 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
Exactly this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.