Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Next Week's Live Arcade Release: Sam & Max Season 1

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

or Save & Max Save The World as its now called. 1600points, or $20, for all 6 episodes seems like an ok deal I guess? I only played the first episode on pc back in the day, and I remember it was about 2-3 hours long, so if all 6 are like that, it should be about 12-15 hours long (if someone that finished all 6 could confirm or deny this would be cool) of adventure goodness for 20 bucks which sounds nice to me

http://kotaku.com/5287500/sam--max-save-the-world-next-week

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

That's a fine deal.

As with all adventure games though, the length depends on how quick you figure out the puzzles. You can probably blast through them all in an hour a piece with a guide (maybe even quicker im not sure) but without? Who knows, could be forever.

Edit: I wouldn't pay the asking price to get achievements though, I do that for 400 points games occasionally and an afternoons entertainment (Wolfenstein, Shinobi etc) but I already picked up Season 1 from Steam when it was a tenner on the weekend deal.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

what would be the point of using a guide tho?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

Sounds interesting.. I played a few of the demos for those episodes but they were a lot of fun. It's all up to controlls though, and whether I feel cheep or not.

Smegged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Smegged

I played the first couple of episodes on the PC and had a fun time. 1600 points for the whole season seams like a good deal so I reckon I'll pick it up.

2-3 hours of play per episode seems about right.

On the controls, I guess its just using the stick to move  a pointer around on screen. It should work fine.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I bought the entire first season on PC for $20 last year at Best Buy. The 1600 points price is well worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.