Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 Controller Alternatives

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I recently got a new 360 controller a couple months ago. And lately the right stick has a serious deadzone where it is loose and it's pretty annoying going from right to left because of the dead zone in the middle. I think the controller is defective because brand new, it just resets whenever it wants. I don't mind this because it doesn't happen often but the right stick killed it for me. I'm not hard on my controllers at all, i've never had this bad of a deadzone.

Are their any controllers better than the microsoft one?

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By doobie

take it back and get it swapped for a new one if its faulty.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

@doobie said:

take it back and get it swapped for a new one if its faulty.

I don't have my gamestop receipt. :(

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoeyIA

Buy another controller, then put the defective one in the packaging and return that.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doobie

@JoeyIA said:

Buy another controller, then put the defective one in the packaging and return that.

this

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@JoeyIA said:

That's actually quite a good idea seeing as it could actually work.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

@JoeyIA said:

Might have too do this, I almost threw it at the wall yesterday.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By buft

a friend of mine bought a mad catz controller early in the 360 life cycle, its still kicking round today and works fine but it just doesnt feel 100% right, hard to describe but the sticks feel strange, very tight in the middle but near the edges they feel too loose, although they are expensive i would go with the officials. sucks though that the one you got was broken, i guess that happens to anything that gets mass produced.

mufujifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mufujifi

Save for the D-pad, I think the official 360 controller has the best build and quality. I think it's just bad luck you got a shoddy one.

I was on a hunt for an alternative too recently, and bought a Mad Catz Wired FPS Pro. The D-pad was slightly better, but for a controller that has "FPS" in its title, the sticks feel too darn loose. I actually got nauseous playing an FPS somehow. That wasn't cool. The buttons are smaller but it didn't pose as a problem. I did like the rubbery grip around the controller and the weight though.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akyho

@DuhQbnSiLo said:

I recently got a new 360 controller a couple months ago. And lately the right stick has a serious deadzone where it is loose and it's pretty annoying going from right to left because of the dead zone in the middle. I think the controller is defective because brand new, it just resets whenever it wants. I don't mind this because it doesn't happen often but the right stick killed it for me. I'm not hard on my controllers at all, i've never had this bad of a deadzone.

Are their any controllers better than the microsoft one?

I think its just over use. i have had ot go through 5 controllers for this problem. Mainly because it never got any rest. I would play for 7 hours straight. My dad then would and then my sister would and then I would and so on and so on.

Have my own xbox and controller. Had to replace it with a new one last month, the one I had for a year had the exact same problem and thinking back I gamed alot last year.

I only go for officals. I had a third party 5 years ago sucked badly. Everyone complained. I even tried to get a refund and it wouldnt happen. The company even said "its working normaly" when the controller has a terrible deadzone out of box.

So offical all the way.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

I just got this, it's pretty solid.

@DuhQbnSiLo:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.