Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 Help

Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fritzerbacon

K, so I'm playing FarCry 2 this morning, and the graphics go from good FarCry 2 graphics, to weird pastel like colors. Almost like Windwaker minus the cell shading.

Anyways, i turn off my 360 and TV and restart them both. Ever since I did that the TV gives me sound, but a black screen. My 360 seems to only be putting out a 480i signal, when it always has put out 1080i or 1080p. 
    I  know its not the TV because I tried to put my Xbox on 3 separate HD LCD's around my house and they've all done the same thing. I've gone onto Xbox support, and found nothing useful there. I even used the 'Hold Y and the right trigger to reset the image settings' and my tv still says its only putting out 480i and giving me a black screen. I had a brand new set of cables kicking around so I used those and there's still no difference.

If any of you know how to fix this problem please let me know because I don't want to have to deal with Xbox Support asking me, "Is the console plugged in?", "Did you reset the console?", "Is the TV on?" or any other stupid questions that are purely common sense. 

Thanks in advance for any help!
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

Ok only thing I can think of that you could try is to check your TV's input setting and also the TV / HDTV switch on your 360's av cable; make sure your TV's input is actually set right.  Sorry if you've done all that before, only other thing I can think of is that your 360 is shot. 

Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fritzerbacon

Ya thats what I was afraid of. I made sure the switch was set correctly on HDTV. Its just weird how i still have sound tho. Its happened before but i just fixed it by resetting the image output.

Any other help or ideas are totally welcome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.