Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 only owners, what about the PS3 makes you want to buy one the most?

• 78 results
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Emilio

1. Nothing.

Seriously, the PS3 still does not have a single game that I really really need.

Not saying that its a bad machine or anything, just that there's nothing for me to be interested about.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Gamebite

I would say the games, really interested in Killzone 2 and MGS 4 but still not enough to get one tho.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Chummy8

Blue Ray, and the exclusives.  I will most likely get one shortly after the PS4 comes out.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By CharleyTony

I said blu-ray movies because almost all games are multiplatform and when there are exclusive they kinda cancel each other out...

if I have forza do I really need to get another console to play Gran turismo ? they are both great driving simulators...each console now has great 3rd person shooters, 3rd person action, FPS, platformers, downloadable games, party games, gameshow ames etc..

If I did not have a 360,, I dont know whch one I would buy but right now, having a 360 means that I dont NEED a PS3 ... IMO

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Shadow71

Blu Ray at the time I bought it, but eventually my big reasoning to play PS3 was MGS4/Socom

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I think Killzone 2 might be what does me in.  I'll have to wait to see a few video reviews first, then read some user reviews .... then we'll see.  That's a lot of money to fork out right now.

smokeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By smokeH

I really wanna get the PS3 just for the games that I used to play. I used to be a big sony fanboy but I wanted a next gen console and the 360 was already out so I thought why not. I think for the PS3 all I really want is MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, God of War III and maybe some other exclusive games once they come out.

smokeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By smokeH

I really wanna get the PS3 just for the games that I used to play. I used to be a big sony fanboy but I wanted a next gen console and the 360 was already out so I thought why not. I think for the PS3 all I really want is MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, God of War III and maybe some other exclusive games once they come out.

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Travis

Noby Noby Boy, and I prefer the "The Show" MLB games over the 2K franchise..

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It has teh BLurayz.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Verdugo

I own a PS2 and PS1, so I'd like to continue my run with Sony.

Plus it has some great looking games such as Resistance, MGS4 (although maybe it'd be a bad idea for me to play it since I've never played a MG game before), Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet etc.

The Built in blue-ray is also nice, along with free online multiplayer. If I really had the money to shell out, this would be my next console I'd buy.

Avatar image for chiefmegadeth666
    CHIEFMEGADETH666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By CHIEFMEGADETH666

i wanted to get ps3 for killzone 2
    my brother got ps3 month ago for it,
    I got to say im not a fanboy,but it is average game,nothing to make be buy the console for?
    Played it for 4hours yesterday,and its good but nothing to special to make me stand up for!
    online is fun,but yeah way over hyped.i guess if u got ps3 only...and love shooters
    you have no choice but to love it,cause thats all u got

TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheBigBeefy

There's nothing the PS3 has that makes me want to purchase it.

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sick_J0ke

I personally buy a console based on its game library, the 2 games which really make me want a ps3 are metal gear solid 4 and killzone 2.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By TheHBK

I only had a 360 until last week.  For me it was the Movies and the exclusives, Killzone and God Of War, Little Big Planet.  And the possibilities it gives because i had experience with homebrew on the PSP so that just put it over the top for me.  But the biggest thing for me is the Blu Ray.  The Dark Knight look amazing.  Wall-E too.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wolverine

The reliable hardware. I hate it when my 360 breaks.

TheOldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheOldOrder
    Icemael said:
    "Definitely the exclusive games, followed by the D-pad. FF13 Versus, Killzone 2, LBP, GoW3... and games like SF4 and KoF13 wouldn't be unplayable anymore. Too bad they're so damn expensive..."
    patience, price drops will eventually come
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By meteora

Exclusives. But there aren't a whole lot of exclusives that pursue me to buy a PS3. Killzone 2 is probably one of the exclusives which I'd want to try and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, though even the regular one is enough for me.

Reliable hardware comes in second.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By TwoOneFive

i'd go with g

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By TwoOneFive
    oldschool said:
    "Most certainly NOT the games.  Against the 360, there is no competition - currently.
    Not Blu-ray, who cares.

Online does nothing for me either way.

The controller is ho-hum.

The hardware is the only listed reason.  It is no contest, like the games.

What was missed is just as important to me as the reliable hardware - no region coding.  It is a dead heat with the hardware.

Still, not getting one at $700.  I will reconsider if and when it falls to about $400 - so not anytime soon.
    "
    lmfao.
    you are the definition of a fanboy. i stopped reading after you said that in terms of games, against the 360 there is no competition. but then i read on for a few good laughs. 
    SoFuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SoFuLL

With MGS4, Killzone 2 and GOW comming soon I just might pick one up for this christmas

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Metal Gear Solid 4, Noby Noby Boy, and Pixeljunk.

Avatar image for the_mighty_wang
    the_mighty_wang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the_mighty_wang
    Playstation Home - lol

Better d-pad than the 360 - aye the dpads better but i find the rest of the controller pretty uncomfortable. the placement of the two thumbsticks
    feels unnatural as does the convex shape of their surface and the triggers totally suck.

Blu-Ray movies - blue planet and planet earth i'd watch but hd movies in general dont do anything for me. im happy with the upscaled  dvds and divx.

The exclusive games - motor cross and killzone 2 but i dont see them as real system sellers. a second hand copy of heavenly sword can be picked up for under ten quid these days and i wouldnt mind super stardust hd, the pixel junk games and flower. jesus theres actually more psn-ware that appeals to me than top shelf titles ... thats a poor show sony!

Blue-Ray gaming - the physical media on which my games are distributed doesnt impact me at all and to date and excluding Killzone 2 this has only really lead some games having slightly higher resolution textures so kind of a moot point.

Free online multiplayer - im in my 20s and have a decent income so 30-40 quid a year to play games online isnt a big sacrifice for xbl. an additional factor is i only have two friends what own ps3s one of which doesnt game at all so who exactly would i be playing with? :)  

Reliable hardware - my buddy with the ps3 that does game is currently on his sixth ps3. its the same fault every time - the bluray drive breaks and is no longer able to read any media so its hard to push the reliability factor really!
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, Uncharted 2, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Resistence, Rachet and Clank, ....shall i go on???????

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#75  Edited By tofford

Id love a blu-ray player but also Killzone 2, Little Big Planet and MGS4 tempt me too

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cammy

Movies really, i've played the exclusives at mates houses and they just don't catch me that much, however I do love my movies, and blu-ray is the only reason me to pick one up...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Azteck

The only reason I'd get a PS3 would be for playing MGS4, Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet. I don't give a shit about blue-ray or the free online since XBL kicks PSN's butt any day.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78  Edited By dj

God of War 3, Killzone 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and FF Versus 13 are games that are very tempting. However I am waiting for the eventual cheaper, slim line model.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.