Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Any other NXE nay-sayers getting excited about it?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Originally, I was really worried about the whole NXE thing being a real doom & gloom factor for XBL. But now, as we get nearer to launch I'm starting to rethink the hate. I'm not sure about the whole avatar thing, but from images I have seen everything looks very sleek and smooth.

I'm digging it. Anyone else out there?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Actually, no. The only thing I'm excited for is the party feature. I really hope Microsoft proves me wrong.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DoctorTran

I've always been excited about it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hope it's smoother than the blades system. The blades system was incredibly choppy alot of the time when playing a game. It would take 5 seconds to bring up the window. Here's to hoping.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I've never been against it, but I am looking forward to 8-player voice chat!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I hope it's smoother than the blades system. The blades system was incredibly choppy alot of the time when playing a game. It would take 5 seconds to bring up the window. Here's to hoping."
    I've heard good things about it from the press...and they have said that it runs really smooth.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010

I just don't like the avatars.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
    dsplayer1010 said:
    "I just don't like the avatars."
    I actually don't mind the avatars at all...they could be cool, but it's just going to turn into "buy all this crap that your avatar can where" etc...
    Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Keano

they won me over awhile ago. people like to bitch over avatars while ignoring the incredible features like the party system, 8 person chat, netflix, the primetime channel, optional installs etc. cant wait.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Keano said:
    "they won me over awhile ago. people like to bitch over avatars while ignoring the incredible features like the party system, 8 person chat, netflix, the primetime channel, optional installs etc. cant wait."
    Primetime channel? Netflix? What, is this TV now? I like the party system, but what the hell?
    samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By samfo
    DoctorTran said:
    "I've always been excited about it."
    Same, I think it looks good. I hope I get into the beta
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By PureRok

I actually like the avatars. That's what has me most excited... of course, I've always been a fan of making virtual characters and dressing them up. I don't know why... Just like my Mii.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jayge_

I look forward to the 8 player parties and the ability to install Fable so that my disk drive doesn't get raped. The rest can still fuck itself.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Right here.
    It was basically because i thought it was going for a wii look.  Seeing it with themes and the darker blade system and the marketplace persuaded me.
    If there is something hugely wrong with it, Im sure they could always pull it.  I don't think that'll be the case though.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Jayge said:
    "I look forward to the 8 player parties and the ability to install Fable so that my disk drive doesn't get raped. The rest can still fuck itself."

The disk still has to be in the drive, even after you install it to the HDD.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karmum
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Jayge said:
    "I look forward to the 8 player parties and the ability to install Fable so that my disk drive doesn't get raped. The rest can still fuck itself."

The disk still has to be in the drive, even after you install it to the HDD."
    There should be a way to not have the disc in, and before you say "this will lead to less copies being sold, passing around, etc.", it could work like this:

Each game has some kind of special code on it, and when you install the onto the HDD, it "scans" it then is embedded into that 360, and can only be used once.

If that makes any sense, and you cannot install it on another HDD. But you can go back to using the disc, and use it in different consoles, just not install it.

...then the problem of getting another HDD would rise up.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Karmum said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Jayge said:

There should be a way to not have the disc in, and before you say "this will lead to less copies being sold, passing around, etc.", it could work like this:

Each game has some kind of special code on it, and when you install the onto the HDD, it "scans" it then is embedded into that 360, and can only be used once.

If that makes any sense, and you cannot install it on another HDD. But you can go back to using the disc, and use it in different consoles, just not install it.

...then the problem of getting another HDD would rise up."

I was thinking the same thing a few days back. I don't see why they wouldn't implement that.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum

I think it could honestly work, and I'm sure they could implement it so people also cannot try it offline.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Jayge_
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Jayge said:

That doesn't matter. Fable makes my disk drive sound like it's about to snap when it's spinning. The disk doesn't move when you play from the HDD.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kush
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Jayge said:

I just think he means that the disc drive won't be as loud and crazy as it currently is...I have experienced massive rape-like sounds coming from the drive while playing Fable 2.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

After seeing that preview with Jeff, the avatars look much better than Miis so i'm not as gutted about them, but still, the main things I care about still look fabulous.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Jayge said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Jayge said:

That doesn't matter. Fable makes my disk drive sound like it's about to snap when it's spinning. The disk doesn't move when you play from the HDD."

Hm, I've not heard that.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

for me it is is just

1. Party Feature
    2. Install games to Hard drive even though I only have a 20 gig right now

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By WickedCobra03
    HandsomeDead said:
    "After seeing that preview with Jeff, the avatars look much better than Miis so i'm not as gutted about them, but still, the main things I care about still look fabulous."
    I saw that thing too and it kinda prompts you to make one with a pretty stern grip.  I really hope you don't have to make a Mii though.  I really don't want to, I have no interest in it.  The 1 mii I made like 2 years ago or however long ago the launch was, was more than enough for me.

Plus, I am not looking forward to the constant barrage of advertisements to get me to try to buy clothes and other non-sense... :|
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By LightYagami245
    Kush said:
    "I've never been against it, but I am looking forward to 8-player voice chat!"
    Same here.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK

avatars ewww. also i kinda hate the way it looks I WANT TO KEEP MY BELOVED DASHBOARD. also they said something about accessing marketplace and downloading stuff from there onto your 360? kinda like halo 3 file shares or something? or am i talking crap?

Kryten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kryten

I wasn't convinced with what was shown at E3, but having used it over the weekend it's definitely a step in the right direction. The dash is far snappier now, looks great at 1680x1050 and to be honest the avatars don't really get in the way - yes, you'll have to create one once the update is released but unless you have and / or play the arcade titles, you don't have much to worry about.

HDD installs rock - load times are occasionally quicker (it was noticeable in Mass Effect, shame that the texture pop-in is still there) but it's the lack of noise that's the big deal (I sit about 1M away from my console). Cynical move by Microsoft to sell more hard drives, maybe, but hey, it's working :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.